Triumph breach plug ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusticbob

Reaction score
I have a T/C Triumph that shoots good with T7, but I have one can of BH209 to try, will it ignite reliably , or do I need another breach plug?

I'm not familiar with the triumph breech plug. If it has a deep recessed pit instead of nearly flat on the powder end it should work with BH 209.

I’ve shot a T/C Triumph with BH209 and the standard factory breech plug without any problems for several years.
I use 80 grains of BH209 by volume and a 250 grain bullet.

Knowing that T/C is disappearing soon, I went looking for a spare Triump easy out breechplug! What a shock! Local gun store has them for $79.00. I really try to buy from the local guy, but this price seems out of wack, am I wrong

Yes, I like Marty, and do a lot of business there, he is a real good guy. I don’t need a new breech plug, just planning for the future. I better save up a while.

I have (3) of the T/C XT breech plugs, and sent each one to BH (I think they were called Modern Powders back then) and they drilled each flash hole out to something like .031”-.032” or so. They were originally around .026”.

Goes boom overtime with BH209.

Back