Triumph ready for S.C. deer and hogs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint head

Reaction score
Since I'm a poor state employee with two daughters, these are the only two big game animals I can afford to hunt... the good news is they are both very tasty :) 250g bonded SW in a Harvester SB powered by 110g of BH 209 and a CCIm primer,,, It was about 89 degree's with a light wind. The first shot is from a squeaky clean bore, followed by the next two, which of course were not. The three shots measured on my old tape 1 1/8" at 100 yards. I think I'll call this good and go hunting 8)

PICT0457.jpg

You really should try the 250gr Parker Hydracon. That bullet with an MMP 25 short black sabot and 100gr RS put them in a dime size hole @ 100 yards! Im not sure what they cost but they shot awesome.

That is some real good shooting. I am sure the deer and hogs are not going to be happy you have a rifle (and the ability) that shoots like that. Good luck filling your freezer.

PICT0393.jpg

FG, here is a bonded SW shot through both shoulders of a Whitetail buck... the bullet splinted the shoulders hitting them at close to 2000 fps at about 45 yards. With my TC shooting these MOA, I think I'll stick with them... plus, at least with a one inch group I still could maybe blame a miss on my rifle,,, three shots in a 1/4" group would be all me... :wink:

Flint if you ever need a hunting pardner give me a shout, I live right aot of York, Pageland is not that far. I've been wanting to go hog hunting but there arn't any in this area, so far.

I've been wanting to go hog hunting but there arn't any in this area, so far.

Don't worry, The way those suckers are expanding they will be there sooner or later. When they do get there you'll regret it.

John, look up info on the Pee Dee Heritage Preserve. It's federal land that they open up to hunting a couple of times a year including a primitive hunt with bow or muzzleloader. The land is on the Pee Dee river and it's eat up with hogs and deer. It would be about an hour and forty five minutes from you.

Batchief909 said:
FH,,,,don't touch that rifle.... 8) Good shooting!!

What he said! A T/C Triumph with BH209 is a combo that's hard to beat!

Latest posts

Back