Trying to muzzleload for hunting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. I just got a .45 barrel for my TC Encore in hopes that my dad and I can find some hunting land here in Illinois after spending years hunting PA together. I've been shooting cartridges for nearly 30 years, and my dad did some muzzloading, but not much in the last 15 years. Seems like a brand new world to me. So if you don't mind, I'm just gonna sit back and try to absorb some of the wisdom here.

Welcome to the rewarding and addictive world of muzzleloaders! Start off in the “New to muzzleloading” section. Read as much as you can and don’t be shy with questions.

,Well now friend get cha a mug n fill'er up with some fine coffee in the pot there. Get yourself a comfortable chair n i mean comfortable cause were gonna be here awhile. There be lots of knowledge to gather a take in, absorb into the gray matter. So let us start, ask ?'s n do the search for things you may find helpful. Welcome to MML.

Welcome from southeast Oklahoma.
Be warned that muzzleloading is a serious addiction.
You’re absolutely right but it’s a healthy addiction to enjoy. There’s probably a small line between addiction and being obsessed with them but I only have two so far.

You would be hard pressed to find a better deer bullet than a 200 gr 10 mm XTP in a Harvester light blue CR sabot without spending a lot of $$ for a different one. Good luck

Welcome from S.Ohio! Lots of great people who are more than willing to answer any questions that you have!

Latest posts

Back