Tungsten Turkey Ammo: Is It Worth It?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a Rossi Brawler with. 9” barrel. I don’t have any idea about the choke but it’s rifled to shoot .45LC. It suits my purpose since I bought it to carry while on the tractor for snakes.

The rifling (in the barrel to stabilize 45LC... not to stabilize shot shells) causes the shot/wad to spin. When it leaves he barrel it spreads due to the spin. That is why you aren't getting many pellets to group even close in... like even at 20 yds. I bet with #8's or #9 lead its menacing to snakes inside 10ft.

Business practices like that will ruin their business in the end anyway. Word gets around. I've never had any experience with them but after hearing stories like that, I would think twice before buying anything from them.
Buds seems to be one of the most successful online & face to face gun stores. Probably because they keep their margins while keeping low prices and a high volume of sales. I just think that in my case they opted to put profit over customer service and saw me as a squeaky wheel.. instead of lubing it, they chopped it off.

Buds seems to be one of the most successful online & face to face gun stores. Probably because they keep their margins while keeping low prices and a high volume of sales. I just think that in my case they opted to put profit over customer service and saw me as a squeaky wheel.. instead of lubing it, they chopped it off.
I can screwed over by a Buds bait and switch a couple years ago, and I’ll never do business with them again no matter what their prices are.
I subscribe to the philosophy “screw me once, shame on you…screw me twice, shame on me.”

Business practices like that will ruin their business in the end anyway.
You are exactly right. Do you remember IBM. Do you even hear of IBM anymore????
Back in the 70s they were the tech company all others wanted to be. Soon they began being self oriented instead of customer oriented. I worked for my dad that one summer about 1978 and he had an office with 6-7 people using equipment. I suggested an upgrade so he told me to give a call. Naturally to IBM. Who else. The salesman came out to the office with the piece in tow. My dad asked if we could use one for a few days to gain some familiarity with it or even to see if it was what we needed. I remember his response to this day. "I either need a check or to bring it back to my office." Never called or bought IBM again. Neither did a lot of companies. As stated I don't even hear of them anymore.

I further made a mistake by not buying short that day. I could have quit working a long time ago.

Interesting there is a gun company in Flint that many of you have mentioned. My brother and I were there one day and were treated poorly. We bought a lot of stuff there as we did trap and skeet shooting as well as reloading rifle. Never went back. 35 years ago. I go by it most Wednesday afternoons.

Latest posts

Back