Uneventful Day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tar-12

Reaction score
We should have been covered up in deer tonight, Zero! Nada! The boy is itching to claim his first deer with his Sav.! Anybody have any luck today?I had precious little time to get his Sav. dialed in! Got it all put together last nite about 10:00. Grabbed some 5744, 300 grn. XTPs,Fed 209a, MMP shorties.5 shots through the Zeiss, behind 44grns of 5744, and she was punching one holers in short order. You gotta love that combo! :D I was conducting a little experiment with the 5744,I left a charge in for 11 days. I would bring it in to the warmth over nite, then put the gun back in the cold the next day. I could not take it any longer, and had to try it this morning. At one hundred yds it drilled the bullseye! :lol:I forgot to add that it was out of my HB

dwhunter said:
Sounds like that puppy is ready to go but deer ain't.
That was not the case initially, something about the Grand Slam bases was not right. I ran out of scope adjustment, out of frustration I put a set of warnes on,presto end of problem. What gives there?I have never had that happen before on a Zeiss.The weavers were thicker? Strange,it bothers me that I do not have the answer.

Tar-12 said:
dwhunter said:
Sounds like that puppy is ready to go but deer ain't.
That was not the case initially, something about the Grand Slam bases was not right. I ran out of scope adjustment, out of frustration I put a set of warnes on,presto end of problem. What gives there?I have never had that happen before on a Zeiss.The weavers were thicker? Strange,it bothers me that I do not have the answer.

Don't know what to tell you there. :? I've used both with no issues but I do use the Grand Slam S402 extension base on the front so I never have any scope adjustment problems. :wink:

Back