Walmart clearance

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed the Walmart here has started their yearly blackpowder supplies clearance .

Our local Walmarts stock so little that they usually sell out of half of their inventory before the season even starts and they do not restock. So by the time they get to clearancing it out, they rarely have much left. If you want Powerbelts, then they have plenty of those but they haven’t marked them down yet. Other than that, no guns, no powder, no accessories.

It’s so bad it’s hard to get much of anything from them anyway. The locals usually buy them out immediately as soon as they get it in.

It's an hour to the nearest Walmart for me. And I can't say that I've ever seen any black powder related items there. They do sometimes carry decent reloading supplies though.

I was recently in Cabelas and they've gotten rid of all muzzy supplies except for a few bullets. I've said this before but a former employee told me selections went through the floor because of the logistical problems. Lots of choices was the reason I went there in the first place. As an example you could choose from eight different brands of hang on stands. Now I think the choice is between just two. That's the reason I no longer go there. They would have been better off to suck it up and work on the problem imo. I believe most CEO's don't really have any talent. They're not leaders instead they play follow the leader. It's called herd mentality. Take a look at Costco closely and think about it. Sorry but I usually don't rant after twelve noon.

Rangerod I agree with you. Closest basspro/cabelas to me is 1.5hr away and they used to be worth the drive, they had a little of everything. Not worth it at all now. I do most my shopping online. I have a sportsmans warehouse about same distance away from me and their selection is much better and you can order guns from other stores to your ffl or local sportsmans warehouse and usually get some Instore discount. Picked up a gun today and they gave me back 75.00 on a gift card cause the gun had been marked for a discount or something. Not gonna argue with that!

I once drove toNebraska to go to the only Cabelas in the world at the time. Worth it! Now? I won’t go to the one an hour away. If they built one in this town i would go occasionally just to see if ice shanties or electric augers were on sale, or maybe to buy ammo on sale. They could fold, and i wont miss them. They got ruint by Bass Pro, imo. They used to have the “Bargain Cave”. That was cool for a while.

I once drove toNebraska to go to the only Cabelas in the world at the time. Worth it! Now? I won’t go to the one an hour away. If they built one in this town i would go occasionally just to see if ice shanties or electric augers were on sale, or maybe to buy ammo on sale. They could fold, and i wont miss them. They got ruint by Bass Pro, imo. They used to have the “Bargain Cave”. That was cool for a while.
We used to drive to Sidney, Nebraska every year for the annual Cabelas sidewalk sale to pick up stuff for 10 cents on the dollar average. Damn those were the good old days!

We occasionally make the 2 hour trip to Dundee..but it’s more of a “we have nothing better to do” thing..because the deals suck..a trip to cabelas or any sports store like that these days is more like a trip to the amusement park…$$$

Sidney Cabela's is our halfway point my folks place in Iowa. I'm in that store 6-8 times a year. I do occasionally find deals in the gun library and they offload their WinAA28HS every year around the same time.

Other than that, BPS ruined that store. I used to put $10k/mo on my black card. When bass semi pro took over, they screwed me on my points and I ditched the whole company. Haven't missed them in the slightest.

I am pretty much stuck to mail order since pretty much every BPS, Gander Mountain, Dicks, and Walmarts ( I refuse to shop there) suck in NYS. Personally , I feel this whole supply chain deficit is Bullsh!t. The drastic price increase on everything is making up for not having the selections were were used to. Pure laziness on managements part. I visit our local gun shops regularly but their BP supplies don't line up with my needs.
Thankfully I reload for everything I have. A good fellow from this forum sold & sent me a very heavy package with projectiles. Guess what my kids are getting for Christmas? 😂

I am pretty much stuck to mail order since pretty much every BPS, Gander Mountain, Dicks, and Walmarts ( I refuse to shop there) suck in NYS. Personally , I feel this whole supply chain deficit is Bullsh!t. The drastic price increase on everything is making up for not having the selections were were used to. Pure laziness on managements part. I visit our local gun shops regularly but their BP supplies don't line up with my needs.
Thankfully I reload for everything I have. A good fellow from this forum sold & sent me a very heavy package with projectiles. Guess what my kids are getting for Christmas? 😂
Ya,you used to get some good deals when bass pro and cabelas were not owned by bass pro you had competition from Dicks gander mountain sportsmen warehouse academy .one way to stop your no.1 competitor is to buy them out and they did.

I was recently in Cabelas and they've gotten rid of all muzzy supplies except for a few bullets. I've said this before but a former employee told me selections went through the floor because of the logistical problems. Lots of choices was the reason I went there in the first place. As an example you could choose from eight different brands of hang on stands. Now I think the choice is between just two. That's the reason I no longer go there. They would have been better off to suck it up and work on the problem imo. I believe most CEO's don't really have any talent. They're not leaders instead they play follow the leader. It's called herd mentality. Take a look at Costco closely and think about it. Sorry but I usually don't rant after twelve noon.
IMO Cabelas went downhill after bought out by Bass Pro. I wish there was a Scheels here in PA. I always go to the one north of Dallas when we visit our daughter.

Latest posts

Back