walmart

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Reaction score
just an fyi for everybody, the walmarts around here do not keep there muzzleloading stuff in stock all year(not sure about the rest of the country) so it is on clearance after the season ends. today i picked up another u-view clear powder measure for $2.50, pour spout for $2.50 and a new palm saver for $1.50, pretty good deals i thought. a pound of t7 was down to $20, pydodex rs was $13. i talked to the guy at the counter and he said they keep lowering prices on thurs afternoons until its all gone. i hope they keep dropping the price on the powders. hopes this helps someone and if you all already new this, then you should have told me :wink:

Buy your cleaning stuff to. I had hit Walmart's clearance knowing I was getting a ML but had not bought one yet. It saved me a lot of money for starting out. :D

03 mossy,

I just paid $3.50 for the clear view powder measurer in my local Walmart.
I buy one every year during Walmarts end of the season close-outs. I have 4 of them still in the package. Why I do not know. :roll:

On year I lucked out to find 200 grain .50 cal shockwaves at $4.00 per box.

Chocdog

choc-dog said:
03 mossy,

I just paid $3.50 for the clear view powder measurer in my local Walmart.
I buy one every year during Walmarts end of the season close-outs. I have 4 of them still in the package. Why I do not know. :roll:

On year I lucked out to find 200 grain .50 cal shockwaves at $4.00 per box.

Chocdog

I bought another measure cause the first one i bought i had to order cause no one had one. i think i paid around $25 for it, :oops: why you bought one-cause it is to much of a good deal to pass up!

You can get some good deals if they don't all sell out. I picked up a TC Omega Z5 kit for $155; Pyrodex 1lb cans were $3; Remington .50cal lead bullets were 10 cents/24 pack, same for .50 cal balls, the T7 all sold out prior. I knew one guy that paid under $100 for the same Omega (but different store).

Look for good deals on guns too, if your Walmart sells them. The info that I get from a store manager is that muzzleloaders and supplies are considered seasonal items. Corporate dictates what is on the shelf and when, not the local store. I questioned this last year when my local Walmart (new store that opened last year with small sporting goods department) sold out of all muzzleloader supplies 2 weeks before our muzzleloader deer season opened. Our season ended Sunday and the shelves have been bare of MZ stuff for a week or two. I recommended to the local guy that corporate should reevaluate based on local demand, he just shrugged his shoulders and commented ?like that would happen??. If your local store carries MZ stuff, now is the time to get it.

i bought 3 pounds of T/7 ffg $10 a pound. they had 2 50 cal T/C omegas blue / black syn. thumbhole stock for $225 going to keep checking until they are gone or get to &150 then i will by both and resell them just before season next year

the walmarts up here don't sell guns anymore. i asked why and suposedly walmart bought out gander mountain and they'll just stick to selling the guns there. haven't heard that anywhere else though

I bought my omega on clearance at W.M. for 250. I bought T7 last year for 10 bucks a pound too. I dont mind buying my MZ stuff from WM.

I have four walmarts near me. Only two carry firearms. However two of the stores have a gun cartalog behind the counter that has a huge list of firearms they can order for you. On one occasion a gun I wanted was not in the catalog but their distributor was called and said he could get the gun(H&R ultra slug hunter) which he did. Their prices are better than any other retail business in my area. It really depends on who is working the gun counter for walmart.

My local Wal-Mart just outside of Milwaukee doesn't carry guns and they have a very limited selection of ammo. I don't think they have any black powder supplies at all. You guys are quite lucky.

Our local Walmart sucks, they dont carry any muzzleloading stuff or guns anymore. I was told this is the last year for ammo. They barely carry any hunting stuff at all. I cross over the border to NH. The year before last I bought 2 Nikon Buckmasters 3-9x40 at $40.00 each, 1lb T7/ffg at $5 a pound, 2 packs Winchester primers at .75 per package, 8 packs Nosler Gold HG partition 260gr at .75 per pack, 12 packs Pyrodex pellets in tubes for $2.50 per pack, 5 packs 295gr HP Powerbelts at $5. per pack. (I should have bought all).
Last year no good buys. This year only a few good deals but not much.
I noticed Walmart's powder & pelets are very expensive. $20 per pound is no bargin, they usually come doun to arount $7. sometimes $5 for powder.
I guess I will have to take another ride Saturday.

I went by Walmart tonight just to see..nothing on sale here....

Gear

Ohio still has a 3 day season for inlines, I suppose we will see those deals after that. Plus Xmas looks like the shelves were cleared pretty good. Saw great deals on grunters and camo blind cloth.

777 is at 21$ right now at my local Wal-Mart... when it gets down to 10$ I will start buying!

I found 777 for $13.00 a can 2weeks ago in Ky bought 4
Winchester 777 primers $3.50 bought 5

need to go back to see if they have any more and what the price is now
just bought another Knight Disc Extreme today and need more powder to test this gun out with the Bullshop Conys

lungbuster1 said:
I found 777 for $13.00 a can 2weeks ago in Ky bought 4
Winchester 777 primers $3.50 bought 5

need to go back to see if they have any more and what the price is now
just bought another Knight Disc Extreme today and need more powder to test this gun out with the Bullshop Conys

Nice!!!
Congrats on the new KDE!!

Local Wally worlds here have Pyrodex for $13 and 777 for $21. I'll risk waiting to see if they drop again. I can get 777 for $22 at one of the local shops. I can get it down to $18 a lb delivered but I have to order it 20lbs at a time and I rarely have the scratch to spend for that much.

UC,
Ya Powder Valley is who I ussually order from. Hazmat is a bugger. I should shoot real BP to keep costs down but I've had such good luck with 777 for hunting and competetion that I hate to switch.

Latest posts

Back