• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Wanted--Primers and Pellets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, it took me a few months to find a nice CVA Wolf, but I cannot find any ammo for it!! I have contacted many gun shops
and big box stores,they tell me everything is still on backorder and weeks before they are due in. I was able to get online and purchase some Powerbelt .50 caliber 245 grain bullets but I need some Winchester Triple Seven 209 primers and some Hodgdon Triple Seven 50/50 grain pellets. I have enclosed pics of what I need if anyone has an extra pack of each to sell, I have Paypal so I
could pay you cost plus shipping. Please PM me if you are interested.

Attachments

• triple7.jpg
    triple7.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 3
  • hodgdonpellets.jpg
    hodgdonpellets.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 4
I've called numerous gun shops from Buffalo to Albany and in between, no one has anything,all on backorder
It looks like there are some online but they have $300 plus minimum orders plus $55 plus extra for the hazmat

But they have pellets, that's 50% of your need. I don't think anyone will have both in stock. May have to use regular primers if you can find them. That will at least get you shooting.

My only suggestion is to sign up for “In Stock” or “Product Arrival” email notifications at as many (well known) online dealers as possible. DO beware that there are scam sites popping up constantly…

I’ve managed to buy powder and primers, multiple times, during the latest madness over the last couple of years. Sign up with as many dealers as possible, and when you receive a notification email, order ASAP!

I’ve paid “premium” prices, but not Gunbroker “scalper” prices.

I agree that you might not find the ”exact” primers you’re after, but if you can get some (any!) 209 primers, at least you can get shooting!

Wish you were closer. I could help you out with primers and we could go to the local farm store and you could buy pellets to your hearts content. Bet they’ve got 20 boxes sitting on their shelf.

Actually just went and checked their website. The local Runnings farm supply store is the one I was talking about. The few I’ve been in in MN do their best to stay stocked and I’ve managed to pick up about 1k 209 primers from the over the last year and several pounds of most of the powders I needed, save BH209. But they have all forms of 777 in stock. It looks like they have 8-10 stores in New York. Might be worth a phone call or two?

Triple Seven primers are nice for use with T7 powder but certainly not required as has been said above. I’d get whatever you can find and start shooting.

Wish you were closer. I could help you out with primers and we could go to the local farm store and you could buy pellets to your hearts content. Bet they’ve got 20 boxes sitting on their shelf.

Actually just went and checked their website. The local Runnings farm supply store is the one I was talking about. The few I’ve been in in MN do their best to stay stocked and I’ve managed to pick up about 1k 209 primers from the over the last year and several pounds of most of the powders I needed, save BH209. But they have all forms of 777 in stock. It looks like they have 8-10 stores in New York. Might be worth a phone call or two?
Thankyou!!

I just called EVERY runnings store in New York, not one has any primers in stock and no idea when more are due in, but thankyou so much as there are a couple of their stores within an hour of me!

harvester pt gold and white lighting bullets.
crush rib sabots. Google them.
they will ship to you.

NEW YORK HUNTER .............. I can give you the name and phone # of a local to me shop here in WNY that has Triple 7 50/50 Pellets and Cheddite 209 primers in stock if that helps. If interested, shoot me a PM. --- Rich

Latest posts

Back