Warming up....time to prepare the camper

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzzleloader48

Reaction score
Bought a newer gooseneck RV last year with slide out. It was like hunting in luxury. Found a few things that need upgraded and somethings that need repaired. I know here in Colorado we usually get some good snows in March and April, but, while it's warm out it's a good time to get started. We don't use RV parks, usually reverse the axles so it sits higher, and find places off the grid to camp. So much more peaceful and quiet.

Any pics of your RV?
I'm not a mechanic and I didn't think it possible to "reverse the axles" on a vehicle. Is this a common practice among RV owners?

Any pics of your RV?
I'm not a mechanic and I didn't think it possible to "reverse the axles" on a vehicle. Is this a common practice among RV owners?
Yes, my old goose-neck 5th wheel has the axles reversed. They call it reversing the axles, however, in reality you reverse the springs. The deal is...instead of the leaf springs sitting under the axle, you sit them on top of the axles. As soon as I get a chance, I'll take some pics of both systems and post them....stay tuned.
Most campers set up this way are usually for those who like to camp in remote areas where roads are roads in name only.

Latest posts

Back