Warnes QR release rings?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdog

Reaction score
Any thoughts, good or bad on Warnes quick release rings?

I use them on several different rifles and they certainly work well for me.

IMG-0001.jpg

That's what I like to hear, I seen them on your green stock UL, I'll be using them on my Elite, thanks for the info

I'll check them out, I use Warne permanent rings on most of my guns, but I want to try some quick release, those Leupolds look good

Way heavy and over built IMO. Their original Len Brownell design were sleek, graceful and beautiful. Sometimes come up on EBay but typically sell for lots of these$$$.

Bill

I'm going with the Warne QR rings, I like the Warne PA rings I use, and the Warnes are the lowest ones out there I believe.

I use them on several of my White Whitetails. Have the Weaver bases on the rifles that I can leave on, and shoot open sights over the bases or put either the Warnes or Burris Z-Ring scopes on. The QR rings return to within 1/2" MOA consistently

I really appreciate the offer, but I need my scope mounted as low as I can get it

QRW2s are nicer rings than the Warnes and similar cost. Just not a fan of the single top screw design. Personally a little lever to release rings does not mean much to me. What i want is a ring that returns to zero very well. You wont get that as well using a Weaver ring on a true picatinny base. My Contessa rings use the same torx for the base as they use for the ring caps. Its a tiny little torx so a non issue even in a possibles bag.

PRW2s are more or less QRW2s that need a torx/allen to remove the base screws. Nice rings for the money. All steel. Lows are .84" from base to scope center on the 30mm.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-prw2-riflescope-rings.html
opplanet-leupold-prw2-mount-rings-1-inch-low-matte-174079.jpg

The newer Warne rings have 2 torx screws now, not single screws, and the low rings are .250 in height

The ring base is .250" thick. What are they to scope center FROM the base? It was listed in their catalog. The new Warnes Horizontals are an option too.

I just measured some 30mm low Warnes, best I could tell, they are right close to .85 to scope center

Consider this also....Warnes rings now state..."sintered steel". That is a powdered metal that has been compressed/heated and then machined.

How are the Loopies made?

A set of Contessa rings made from solid steel are $89 plus shipping but they are a little taller than you want.

Back