Watering system so far

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Just a few simple pictures until I get back out there this evening. I wanted to get some alpaca manure down in my other sandy plot and till it in, I also ran this plot over in a few rings just to see how easy the deer greens was going to come out. It did pretty darn good but I think I will leave the deer greens and use it was a green fertilizer for when I plant the alfalfa-clover-chickory mix this on next month.

Right now, finding a dang sprinkler system that can water most of this.
IMG_2576.jpg

This one is tiny but does one hell of a job. I got it at walmart last year and so I am going to see if they still carry the much larger version and give that a try.
IMG_2574.jpg

This was a new tester but not really worth a damn. Sure I can get the entire thing but its just a solid stream until it kicks back into chopping mode and then only 8 feet in diameter. :evil:  You can also see the poly pipe in the picture. Good stuff so far but pure hell to roll out if you do not have the tool.
IMG_2575.jpg

Had one like your 3rd picture down near Nederland CO, someone took it along with 200 feet of plastic pipe years ago. Didn't know whether to call law enforcement to blame the local pot growers or just lay low with them thinking I was also a grower. Never did hear or see anything about it, so it must have been some local boys. :(

The bottom one is like a Rain Bird. They do real well if you have enough pressure and volume flow. If your pressure isn't up to snuff, it will just stream out and not function properly.

that bottom one sucks butt, not worth a damn in my area.

I got some new ones a couple years back and I can leave it on all night without fear of draining the well. They do a great job of watering too.

Jon,
Well capacity, water pressure, length of pipe, type of sprinkler etc can be a hair pulling adventure when trying to irrigate your plot. But I am sure you will get it figured out. 

I have tee's with hose adapters in my 1 1/4" poly used to irrigate my front yard which is about a half acre. You have seen the pictures of when we were swathing it, this year it has nine lawn mowers (sheep).

John

Al-53 said:
Jon they use to sell a traveling sprinkler..you lay the hose out and the sprinkler travels on the hose...I think they still sell them....they do cover a big area also...but I do not know if they would travel on the poly pipe..it is kind of stiff...

this is one    http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Traveling-Sprinkler-p/58322.htm

I had a half dozen of the old cast iron walking sprinklers built out of parts (was a dealer - repair station for them so there were always parts and pieces). The cast iron ones would follow any hose poly or hard rubber. The front wheel just rolls on the hose, the rear wheels push themselves on the turf, dirt or packed surface. At the time didn't have an in the ground sprinkler system and having the "Walking Tractors" got along just fine. I would hope the new ones have enough weight to do the same.

Latest posts

Back