Weather

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeatMachine

Reaction score
It was a blistering 83deg and 65% humidity here today. How was your weather?

The weather service for Rochester, 15 south of the actual city and on top of a hill where the wind blows all the time, had 89 degrees. here at home, and where the real world resides, my digital weather station showed 104 at 5 PM with a dew point at 79 degrees. Almost cold here today at 83. The dewpoint is right back up there again today at 79, so to say its humid is an understatement.

Bad storm with a tornado on the ground a half hour ago 45 miles north of here, headed straight east so we're safe here. The last three nights have had some wild weather here deep into the nighttime hours.... two, 3 in the morning. Some areas around us have had tennis ball and softball sized hail. One location 150 miles north of here got nailed with tennis ball sized hail in the morning, then the baseball sized stuff later in the evening. Roofing, siding, and windows in homes destroyed big time. Then there's the motor vehicles and boats.

Bad news all around and this weather just adds to the crap.

98° and 85% humidity, got a feels like 106 in N. Alabama. And nary a breeze all day! Gotta love the "Dawg Days"! Be freezin' our asses off before we know it!

Carbon copy of yesterday feels like 108°. Happy, happy, joy, joy, now it's time to mow the lawn. I put it off all week cause I thought it would cut itself or just not grow cause of the heat but I was wrong.

Same here Bowanna in N. MS. 98deg with a heat index of 106deg. Nothing will drastically change until.Oct 15th except for a few "teaser" cool mornings until then. I even parked my kayak and stopped fishing until September.

All we can do is rest, read, relax and prep here and there until October arrives.

SHADOWFOX64!

Same here Bowanna in N. MS. 98deg with a heat index of 106deg. Nothing will drastically change until.Oct 15th except for a few "teaser" cool mornings until then. I even parked my kayak and stopped fishing until September.

All we can do is rest, read, relax and prep here and there until October arrives.

SHADOWFOX64!
Thing is there's to much to do to for any serious R&R with the seasons opening in just a few months. Worst part is come dove, squirrel and bow season openings you can rest assured it's still gonna be hot, has in years past and I ain't believin' it's gonna change this season. You can hunt the A.M. but if you do the afternoon better have a truck full of ice!🥵

The VERY reason I have my sights on a move within 24months. Buying a place about 15min away from Pinedale, WY. I've got a small cabin and 2ac here in NW MS that joins the National Forest I intend to keep. Summers spent up there October thru May 15th in MS.

SHADOWFOX64

The VERY reason I have my sights on a move within 24months. Buying a place about 15min away from Pinedale, WY. I've got a small cabin and 2ac here in NW MS that joins the National Forest I intend to keep. Summers spent up there October thru May 15th in MS.

SHADOWFOX64
Don't leave Dixie brother, nothin' but Yankees up there!😎

Don't leave Dixie brother, nothin' but Yankees up there!😎

No, I didn't move up here to New England on purpose; I had to leave my native Georgia at the insistence of my squeeze. Yep, Yankees all over but a surprising number of people came from other states including the South. One thing I can tell you is that it's a tick factory up here. Since I haven't done any hunting in 7 years I don't worry over it that much. Physical problems now prevent me from going to the woods but I can still go to the range to shoot from time to time.

Bowanna,

I've stayed extensively in this area of Wyoming. Bugs and BS are both 50% less there than they are fast becoming back in Mississippi. I worked in Russellville, AL for almost 9yrs. Muscle Shoals and Florence were getting to be the same way.

Sadly, what pride, respect, common sense and southern manners are on the way out and are being exchanged for crime, rudeness and thuggish trash moving in. I have a new POSTED sign on my place in Wyoming.

"POSTED-Federal Law prohibits the feeding of Grizzly Bears.

SHADOWFOX64

Back