Weaver style rings and bases?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twilli53

Reaction score
Just picked up a Disc elite and this is what came with it. Are these any good or should I pick up something different. This is my first scoped rifle so any help would be appreciated.

They may not be as "PETTY",but if they are steel they are as good if not better than any thing out there.

Oh I'd use them if they came with the rifle. They will certainly be fine PROBABLY. I've used both here and there with no real problems.

Will these rings accomidate a scope with a 50mm Obj? I just ordered the same ML yesterday and hope to keep my costs down by using a scope I have on hand. Thanks!

Weaver will probably be OK. Depends on how much abuse you heap on the gun. No question that steel bases and rings are better, but a lot of people use the Weaver system without problems.
If you're going on a once-in-a-lifetime hunt, then think about steel.

I am seriously looking at buying a Knight Disc Elite though it is a dicontinued Model. Being there are no holes that are drilled and tapped for iron type sights a scope is the only way you can go. With a 50mm you will need a high mount with rings or rings that are up off the mount. If you go with a 44mm the medium not sure if a low and standard set will work with a 40mm but smaller you might be able to fit it on it...

Good Luck...
LFM

Back