Weekly Hog Hunt Day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got in the blind at about 6:40 pm.   Within ten minutes little pigs came running to the feeder, about 25 of them.   Some looked like giant chipmunks others were black.   Pigs  followed by a fat 100 pound banded sow:   Think she was the baby sitter. 

i shot the sow with my Remington 700 .30-06.   Tomorrow i'm going after the pigs with my Ruger 10/.22.
GQ6A9O9.jpg

https://imgur.com/GQ6A9O9

Around here, I rarely if ever see a hog in the day time.  Midnight to 2 a.m.  Even if I throw corn only after sun up.

They are seen here early in the morning and after 3:00 in the afternoon. The chances are better in the afternoons for that reason.
I don't hunt them at night. I've already spent time in the emergency room due to a sow biting me. Once was enough.

falcon said:
Pigs  followed by a fat 100 pound banded sow:   Think she was the baby sitter. 

i shot the sow with my Remington 700 .30-06.   Tomorrow i'm going after the pigs with my Ruger 10/.22.
GQ6A9O9.jpg

https://imgur.com/GQ6A9O9
She ought to be  a good one for the smoker.  :Red tup:

I don't hunt them at night. I've already spent time in the emergency room due to a sow biting me. Once was enough.
Smart move.  Met a rancher who caught a big sow.   A bunch of little pigs were running around outside the trap.   Rancher didn't want the pigs to starve so he released the sow, who immediately bit him on the butt. 

The guy laid on top the trap bleeding while the sow attempted to attack him again.  Finally the sow and pigs ran off. 

Don't ever release a live hog from a trap.

From what I understand Sows will adopt other Babies. I never worried about it just shooting Boars.

Was out with a Guy he had shot a Hog, went to get Side by Side. The Hog had moved when they got back. asked the Guy if he was sure the hog was dead? yes it's dead. He turned his Back the Hog got up bit him right on the butt. He posted Pictures of the mount. I told him it would look better with his Butt, LOL. He said didn't even want to talk about it.

Sow has some Hamp in her. killed some here like that.

oneshot

Back