Went hunting with the crossbow yesterday...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Kristel and I drove out to check out the property yesterday afternoon. The green fields look pretty good considering how dang DRY it's been! We walked MOST of the area I hunt and one the way back to the truck I saw a SCRAPE! After that we kept walking down the tree line on the edge of the largest field and there were FOUR SCRAPES! MAN....that got my juices flowing... So I rushed home, took a quick shower, put on some camo, GRABBED some binoculars and rangefinder, picked up the crossbow, and headed BACK! :)

I got BACK to the property at about 3:30 and RUSHED to my NEW treestand that I put up just to use with the crossbow. I climbed up into the stand and the wind was in my face. PERFECT. BUT...by dark, about 5:30, I had seen NOTHING! :cry: Oh well, that's why they call it hunting as they say! I did take a few pics tho..

2006huntingpics%20084.jpg

to my right..

2006huntingpics%20086.jpg

to my left...

2006huntingpics%20085.jpg

right BEHIND me!

Looks pretty neat. Keep us posted on future hunts there. By the way, aren't digital camera neat :D . Small enough to put in your pocket and take anywhere you go and you can amuse yourself with taking pictures of your surroundings while you wait.

Latest posts

Back