Western Rivers Predation MP3 Game Caller

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doohan

Reaction score
I took delivery on my new electronic caller a few weeks ago.. This past Sunday morning JD and I got out a few hours to give it a go. As this was my first time with an electronic caller.. it was a learning experience. I spent a few minutes in the morning downloading the calls I wanted into the machine. The whole interface was very easy.

DSC01258.jpg

The caller is a Western Rivers MP3 caller with attached decoy.. Here is another pic of the whole setup..

DSC01257.jpg

Pic of JD freezing in the cold and windy conditions.
772e74c5.jpg

Out in the field, we had problems with the remote. ( I think we had a dead battery ) The advertised range of 250 yds was more like 30 - 40 yds. The cold weather may have played a part in this .. but I will report back on our next visit with fresh batteries.. Other than the remote woes, this unit delivers very clean and clear calls. If the remote pans out and delivers at longer range, I would have no problem endorsing this product.

Thanks Chuck! That is a Bushmaster Varminter Special, I really like it too!

Nice gun Doohan.
I had same call. Bought it from Cabelas. Had same problems as you described. It has nice futures: possibility to download sounds, remote controlled creature etc.
I though volume was very low and remote did not operate as advertised. But do not get me wrong. I?m not an expert at all. Anyway I returned it.
I hope you will have better luck with yours.

Now I?m trying convince myself that I do not need this call: http://www.wildlifetech.com/
I have that video they advertise and it is impressive.
But then again - I?m not an expert.

Doohan,
Is there an antenna on the remote? I do not see on the picture. If it is use locktite on the threads. I lost mine and had to order extra. Still have it somewhere. I can bring it to Ohio if you want.

I'm using a Johnny Stewart Preymaster call and it works fine, just a pain in the butt to mess with the corded speaker! I think that someday I'm gonna have to trade up to a FoxPro caller!

Latest posts

Back