What a Day! Sat May 29

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
It was a great day to be on the Coon. Little rainy, overcast, falling barometer, pre-front conditions.

Anyway I boated 3 fish. A 26lber, a 15lber, and one that I think would have gone about 12lbs but I released it before I could take a pic or weight it 'cause I was right in the middle of the kill zone and expected to get hit on another line at any moment. I also lost a MOHAWG :shock: ! I had a double on :shock: , and was playin the MOHAWG and tryin to reel in the other fish leaving that pole in the holder. Just more hawg then I could handle. Got them both close to the boat about the same time, when MOHAWG ran under the boat and fouled the 15lb test I had on that rod and broke off. I estimate that fish at somewhere over 20lbs. I caught the other fish, it was the 15lber. Anyway I released all but the 15lber unharmed and in great shape because she was gut hooked.. Caught these fish on gills off boards. I think if I would have had a partner today we could have really cleaned up, as it was very difficult to control the boat and the lines all at the same time. But I had a great time anyway. I have some pics to post but they aren't very good as it is always difficult to take pics of yourself holding a fish that is heavy and release it quickly. I felt like a one legged man in a butt kickin contest out there for a little while! :grin:

Here is a pic of the 15lber

100_0436.jpg

Here is a pic of me trying to hold up the 26lber and take my picture of me and the fish by myself :lol:
100_0432.jpg

Here is another attempt by me to get a picture of the 26lber.
100_0434.jpg

Dang, those are nice fish!

Aren't you missing a pic? :shock: :lol:
:wink:
Blue-Dot-37.5

What a day for sure RMan!!!!

Congrats on those NICE STRIPERS!!!!!!!!

If I just lived closer would sure love to hook-up with you on one of those great fishing trips. Heck, I would be just happy to just tag along to take ur pictures & serve as First Mate!!! :lol: For now its PA Spring Gobbler (headin to huntin camp next 3 days for my first hunt) then Stripers open-up 6/1 where I fish in MD. During meantime I'm just happy to see reports like this come in to hold me over. :lol:

Thanks for sharin those fine pics & great story as always. Gets the ole juices flowin!!! :)

Hey rifleman, nice picture of your fishes eye, mouth and your chins :D :D . You should have turned the scale around so we could see the weight. You'll have to get yourself a tripod for the camera. On the other hand don't do that. If you're like me you'd get it all set up, rock the boat, and over the side she'd go :? . All fun aside, nice fish. Another month and we'll have open water here and maybe I'll be able post a picture of my fishes eye, mouth and my chins :D .

Latest posts

Back