What did percussion caps cost 10 yrs ago?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gunbroker seller has 300 Remington 10’s for a $190.00 buy it now... you can save 30 bucks if you bid on them and hope nobody outbids you... :roll:
Yea thats insane. I was blown away when I saw #11 caps bein auctioned off on GB for over 20.00 - over 25.00 for a tin of 100 when I've never seen them for more than 3.00-4.00 per tin. Just crazy.

All of this talk about primers being expensive and in short supply got me thinking about one of these devices.

https://sharpshooter-22lr-reloader....ons/products/products/11-percussion-cap-maker
Anyone ever use one? You use the aluminum from a soda can to form the primer.
I ordered one over 2 weeks ago. And it still hasn't shipped. I wrote emails, with no response. I called 5 times. The voicemail picked up 4 times and said the mailbox was full and couldn't leave a voicemail. The 5th time I called, someone answered. He told me they were 4 weeks behind in shipping. Which means I'll have to wait at least another 2 weeks, just for it to ship. And who knows how long it'll be stuck in the USPS system before it reaches my door. I bought a new Tominator back in January and haven't been able to shoot it yet, because I can't find any #11 percussion caps to shoot it. I'm hoping to have them by the time turkey season starts. If not, I wasted money on turkey tags here in Massachusetts.

I ordered one over 2 weeks ago. And it still hasn't shipped. I wrote emails, with no response. I called 5 times. The voicemail picked up 4 times and said the mailbox was full and couldn't leave a voicemail. The 5th time I called, someone answered. He told me they were 4 weeks behind in shipping. Which means I'll have to wait at least another 2 weeks, just for it to ship. And who knows how long it'll be stuck in the USPS system before it reaches my door. I bought a new Tominator back in January and haven't been able to shoot it yet, because I can't find any #11 percussion caps to shoot it. I'm hoping to have them by the time turkey season starts. If not, I wasted money on turkey tags here in Massachusetts.

Surely some one here is close to you that would give you some caps.

I bought 600 at my LGS a few weeks ago. CCI #11s were $5.95/100. They still had about 1000 of them when I was there last week.

I bought 600 at my LGS a few weeks ago. CCI #11s were $5.95/100. They still had about 1000 of them when I was there last week.
Its a shame to think that that price isn't to terribly bad all things considered nowwadays. When I thought the 2.00-3.00 per 100 #11 caps was a fair price for them. I would never have believed it if I hadn't of seen it with my own eyes on GB #11 caps going for 20.00 to over 25.00 the last I personally saw them sell for. Now I found that more than just a little alarming to say the least. BUt I will pay the 6.00 now with minimal grumbling

The last I heard about those... They had faulty switches. And fired without the trigger being pulled. Some say it was a mechanical failure. Others say human error. But it kinda scared people away from wanting to find out for themselves.

I got plenty of #11 and #10 caps. Went to a gun show saturday looking for LP primers, dealer had a box of 1000 for $300 dollars. I too said that was bs, he said take it or leave it he did not care. I will wait, no matter how long.
DL
I’m in pretty good shape too. I’ve usually doubled up my purchases when the fancy struck during the years of plenty... (otherwise known as the Trump administration...)

Latest posts

Back