What did percussion caps cost 10 yrs ago?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought 600 at my LGS a few weeks ago. CCI #11s were $5.95/100. They still had about 1000 of them when I was there last week.

My LGS also has plenty in stock; I have puchased 3000 CCI #10s and 2000 CCI #11s and 1000 Remington #11s just this month for $5.95 per tin.

I picked up a few tins of #11's for another member here and they were at $5.99 at a local Scheels. Primers, reloading powder and bullets were suffering yet but T7 granular and pellets along with Pyro granular and pellets were handy.

Just saw an ad for a tin of CCI #11 caps for $80.00. It was marked sold! Almost a $1.00/cap. If prices stay like this, my flintlocks are going to get far more use.
Who would have ever thought that there would come a day in the USA that a fella on a meager disability income can not afford to shoot or hunt with his muzzleloader.

I was able to pick up a pile of caps this winter before the crazy buying hit the muzzleloader isles. I vacuum sealed them for storage. Our area just doesn't have a ton of black powder shooters. These A-holes are just buying to resell. In Idaho Muzzleloader only hunts you have to use bullets made completely of lead. No copper or plastic. My local store had a pile of bullets that are not legal in ML hunts but they crazy buying has wiped them out too.
My hope is that these guys that are buying to resell get stuck with there over priced ammo and have to sell their homes because they can't make the house payment. Then my son can get a house because the housing market is just as crazy as ammo.

I traded all but 100 #209's for large rifle primers about three years ago, I had 5000. The reason I had 209's I've been reloading shotgun shells since the mid-70's but don't use shotgun anymore except for Turkey hunting. I cannot find RWS primes so I've been using CCI or Remington which ever I can find for my muzzleloaders.

I traded all but 100 #209's for large rifle primers about three years ago, I had 5000. The reason I had 209's I've been reloading shotgun shells since the mid-70's but don't use shotgun anymore except for Turkey hunting. I cannot find RWS primes so I've been using CCI or Remington which ever I can find for my muzzleloaders.

All I could find were RWS. Those are vacuum sealed.

Who would have ever thought that there would come a day in the USA that a fella on a meager disability income can not afford to shoot or hunt with his muzzleloader.
Yeah, it's getting ridiculous. GREED and hoarding is the driving factor. 😡

I haven't found RWS primers for a long time. Last ones I got was when I was visiting in California in 2010. Still have less then 100 of them which I use for hunting. All range work with CCI or Remington.

Back