what does leupold charge?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordfisher

Reaction score
I just got a Leupold 3x9x40 off ebay for my elite, and the guy said optics were perfect. :cry: When it arrived it has coating rubbed off the back and a small scratch on the front. Before I write him I woul d like to know how much Leupold charges to refurbish the optics. Anyone had that done?
Nate

I wouldn't consider ANYTHING other than a refund from the seller, PERIOD.

yeah, you can get a refund for that. even if he refuses, you will still have a legal claim (if you can prove it). contact ebay if you can't work it out w/ the seller.

Than its a refund I shall seek. Thanx for the input, shouldnt be a problem he has 100% positive feedback and said in add that the optics were perfect. Wouldnt you say the front and rear glass were optics?

Yes...

I would not be concerned over the issue until you speak to the seller. After that, let us know how things went.

Wouldnt you say the front and rear glass were optics?

Well I certainly would! :D Some DO have some strange ideas of what "perfect" is! :lol:

Guy emailed me and apologized, said he was selling for a friend. said he would refund cost but not any shipping. I em back and told him thats fine but if he wants positive feedback he needs to refund shipppinng also. at least one way. I havnt gotten reply. I told him I bought on a bogus description. I dont think Im asking to much.

I believe he should refund shipping both ways. I would contact ebay for their policy on the matter. It may be easier to discuss the issue if you site an actual ebay policy regarding the issue.

That shipping may depend on what his refund policy states. On my ebay items I specifically state I accept returns BUT I do not reimburse shipping funds.

Although in this case, item was not as described.

im not sure what his policy is but he charged 11.80 to send me the scope and I just sent it back priority mail, the same as he sent it and it cost me 4.80 , so he seems to win regardless.

another question along this line. Are the coatings easily worn off with cleaning. i t almost appeared that someone tried to use a solvent or something because in the sunlight it was evident there were cleaning marks on the rear glass that i could not wipe off with a soft cleaning cloth.

I agree with everyone else on getting a refund. To answer you question on how much Leupold charges to refurb a scope it's around $80. :)

dwhunter said:
I agree with everyone else on getting a refund. To answer you question on how much Leupold charges to refurb a scope it's around $80. :)

Yeah that is good to know. And you know..that's not half bad to do that!

just an update, havnt heard back from seller yet. emailed him again today.

BTW what do you get for your $80.00?

Latest posts

Back