What I did with my spring turkey

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HighTechRedneck

Reaction score
I quartered the bird out and put everything in a brine of Morton Tender Quick and water. Left it soak in that about 5 days then cut everything into nuggets. Dumped more thender quick, some Tonys Charchears, some Fiesta Fajita seasoning, salt, and pepper on the nuggerts, and left them sit overnight. I then breaded the nuggets in a 50/50 mix of flower and corn meal and fried them.For a 3 or 4 year old bird most of the nuggets were amazingly tender, and it was the best tasting turkey I have ever eaten.

Sounds pretty good. Did the thighs and legs get tender too? I usually make turkey and noodles out of them after a good bath in a pressure cooker. I use the breast for strips and nuggets.

Don

Everything could have stood to be a little more tender, but the legs and thighs were not too bad. Curing in the tender quick for so long then the tenderizers in the Fajita seasoning probably played a large part in the tenderizing.

Back