What Muzzleloader are hunting with this year?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The top ML is a Savage MLII with a Brux .45 barrel in 1 in 28 twist. It is for my daughters, using 195 grain Barnes with the Harvester light blue sabots. SSS trigger. Devin Sinner did the barrel work etc.
The bottom is a .45 on a Ruger No. 1 with a Douglas barrel by SMI. It shoots a 230 grain Fury bonded bullet in a Harvester light blue sabot.
The Savage shoots a lighter load than the Ruger. I will shoot the Ruger No. 1.

None, where I live, you can only hunt with archery, a few places shotgun and a few places muzzleloader, you have to apply for a 1 week controlled hunt, that some places allow muzzleloader n some places allow shotgun, I'm in the muzzleloader area, and wasn't successful in the draw, I can archery tho

First up is my laminate stocked TC Hawken. She needs blooding.
Then my TC Firehawk. My best rifle EVER.
And, for the flintlock season after Christmas, my custom flintlock shimmel ( barn gun).
.50's all.

As regards the No. 1. Recently sold a Lyman Centennial Ruger No. 1 in 45-70 with great factory wood. Less than what a standard No. 1 goes for anymore. Off subject I know.

What’s a good out of state (I’m from NJ) with a solid (if not early) Muzzleloader season? Looking to do a hunt next year.

PA has a early ML season. It starts next weekend for us but it’s only for one week. If you can find a place in Bucks County that’s where I would go.

That’s pre-rut hunting! I’m familiar with their flintlock season. Are Inlines allowed for this early season Muzzleloader in PA?

Virginia has a dedicated two week season as well the first couple weeks of November generally covers a good portion of the rut. Flintlocks to Smokeless.

Last edited:
20200408_174325.jpg
To many in my safe for them all to make an appearance. The scoped MK-85 is always my primary. The laminate MK-85 above it needs to get out to. Really want to get a deer with my Renegade and a roundball. To many options and not enough time. We'll see how the mood hits me when the season finally opens.

Latest posts

Back