What primers with Blackhorn 209 powder?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atvgod821

Reaction score
I have a T/C Triumph Bone Collector, not that it matters, but I am needing to know which primers everyone is using with the Blackhorn 209 powder? I would like to know the brand name and the style, referring to shotshell primers, standard 209 ML primers, Winchester, CCI, etc. I am planning on a complete change over for this up coming season. I am currently using Winchester primers, IMR White Hots and T/C Shockwave 250gn. I am going for the Barnes TEZ and what ever else you guys tell me for the primer to go with the BH. Thank you.

in the TC, the winchester w209 primers will be the cleanest in the action.

Fiocchi 616, CCI 209M, Remington STS, Federal 209A, Winchester 209, have all worked very well for me.

I am a big fan of Winchester, although CCI sometimes is better in certain cases. As far as performance goes, which would you chose?

I'm with FG. The Win 209's (blue box) are the correct length for the T/C's. They give me zero blow-by in my Encore and my nephew's Omegas. If you prefer different primers, there is always a shimming kit you can buy from Bellm's T/C's.

I am a Winchester kind of guy, so if you guys think that the Winchester primers are the best performer, then I am tickled pink. I also load center fire ammo and I ONLY use Winchester primers and casings, I use Winchester powder when I can, but sometimes something else is more accurate. Thank you for the input.

:D

My V2 loves FIOCCHI 616-209's. Never had a miss or hang fire with them :!: :!: My ACCURA always went " BOOM " when I squeezed the trigger......... :cheers:

Ray........ ;)

Latest posts

Back