what the record

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was just sitting here wondering what the record is for 100 yards with a muzzleloader,as far as a five group or do they keep records and if so who keeps the records,it would be nice to have something to shoot for :D

crowhunter1 said:
I was just sitting here wondering what the record is for 100 yards with a muzzleloader,as far as a five group or do they keep records and if so who keeps the records,it would be nice to have something to shoot for :D
Pretty much one hole from what i have seen

50-5x is nmlra friendship inline record.

This is shot bench or prone with front rest only no rear support.

Shot on a 100 yds 6 bull target.
1 target is practice and 2-6 are for score.
Has been done in a 30 minute relay.

So shoot as many on practice target you want but once you go to score you get 5 shots on 5 target all in 30 minute..

The x ring is 1 moa and bullet has to be in x not a line cutter.
So basically. .500 moa

bestill said:
50-5x is nmlra friendship inline record.

This is shot bench or prone with front rest only no rear support.

Shot on a 100 yds 6 bull target.
1 target is practice and 2-6 are for score.
Has been done in a 30 minute relay.

So shoot as many on practice target you want but once you go to score you get 5 shots on 5 target all in 30 minute..

The x ring is 1 moa and bullet has to be in x not a line cutter.
So basically. .500 moa

I'll add........... ITS NOT EASY TO DO EITHER. The shooter has to be on his game that day, even at the 50yd targets!

I could not find anything on the link.
I recall seeing records in the back of the program given out when you register. I believe they also keep the June Spring shoot and the Fall National Championship records separate.
In-line 50 & 100, 6-bull targets are RB targets, created long ago as RB can put all 5 in the X-ring.

FYI:
I emailed the previous director of the NRA Black Powder Division (now retired) the other day to inquire about NRA ML records- or lack thereof.
His response: "In short, when the NRA started farming out ML Nationals they stopped recognizing ML records. Also, remember there are very few clubs hosting sanctioned ML events."
If you look under BlackPowderRifle on Encore50a link, you can see NRA records for distances past 200 that include muzzleloader. Of the shooters I know on this ML list (past 200yds), none of these rifles would have been with an in-line.

on the link:
Firearm Type: Black Powder
Discipline: Black Powder Target Rifle

Search

Latest posts

Back