Whats the shortest you would go? New bolt gun build.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess what? You don’t even need a stock to make a bull up ML with. Heck just weld on what you need to the barrel and you are in business.

I also stand corrected in thinking a sidelock bullpup would not be good because the flash hole is right there close to your face. But they were making sidelock bullpup MLs way back in 1860 of all things. Plus they even had a optical scope on it too.

Last edited:
Guess what? You don’t even need a stock to make a bull up ML with. Heck just weld on what you need to the barrel and you are in business.

I also stand corrected in thinking a sidelock bullpup would not be good because the flash hole is right there close to your face. But they were making sidelock bullpup MLs way back in 1860 of all things. Plus they even had a optical scope on it too.

When he said…”3D printer”… i thought “ Im kinda surprised that he even has electricity!

I often wondered how well they measured those lengths. Here are 2 almost identical Remmy 700ml's. I know I didn't line them up on a toe line, et cetera...looks like 2" difference, or there roundsabout. Factory barrels, of course.

I think it depends on its usage. A shotgun for goose or duck hunting usually has a longer barrel than a field bird gun or trap gun. A gun for deer hunting or turkey hunting would likely have a certain barrel length as well. Then of course there are the combat shotguns too.

I think it depends on its usage. A shotgun for goose or duck hunting usually has a longer barrel than a field bird gun or trap gun. A gun for deer hunting or turkey hunting would likely have a certain barrel length as well. Then of course there are the combat shotguns too.
Sorry, because I couldn't get my picture to upload straigh away, my comment kind of fell flat.
If you look at the picture I posted of my 2 Remmy 700ml's leaning against my bookshelf, you can see a distinct difference in length of their factory barrels.
Others posted Remmy offered 24 inch barrels in the 50 cal 700ml.
I wasn't referring to the plethora of weapons systems Big Green offered.
Lemme see if I can get my picture to go up again for those who don't want to scroll.
Here you can clearly see the difference. I didn't lay they out back to back, to verify the stocks are the same, et cetera.

Attachments

• 20190914_101651.jpg
    20190914_101651.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back