Which trail camera to buy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leapfrog

Reaction score
So,can anyone here share some experience as to which camera they think is a good one to buy..I am looking for one with ease of operation and about mid price range..I wanted to get one for Christmas,but have no idea what to even look for in a good camera..Thank for for your replies....LFROG.

I borrowed my nephew's Cuddeback Excite digital trail camera back in October for a couple of weeks. It seemed to me like a really nice outfit. Easy to set up and so forth. It took some great pics and it's range and flash seemed to be more than adequate. If I were to buy a trail cam today for myself, that would be the one that I would probably get.

Depends on how much you are willinng to spend.

Here is a website where you can find out about most of them.
http://trailcameras.net/
I have a Moultrie (90 bucks at Academy) that takes excellent pics, but is slow as Christmas for reaction time. I can walk by it and be 5-10 feet past the camera before it snaps the pic. Its great for if you have it watching a feeder though.
I also have a Cuddeback NoFlash (365 bucks on Ebay new) I have NO complaints about it. It has a very quick reaction time and takes perfect pics during the day, and pretty good ones at night too. Animals aren't supposed to see the infrared lights, but they can see them anyways. Check out the pics in this thread.
http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... php?t=7476
The first two pics are off of the Moultrie cam, and as slow as it is, I think this buck was following a doe and she triggered the cam and he got caught in the pic. The next ones are from the cuddeback, and if you watch the video, you will see what I was saying about them seeing the infrared lights.
I only have these two cams, so I caint say anything about any of the other brands.
But for what you are asking, if you are watching a feeder, the cheap ones will work. If you are watching a trail, I have always heard good things about the cuddeback line of cams, and you should be able to pick up the Cuddeback Excite for under 300.

Back