WHITE POWER PUNCH QUESTION

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregK1

Reaction score
I picked up some White Power Punch bullets today. 50 for $9.99, so I thought I'd try them in my 50 cal Apex in a sabot. My question is ( and I think I know the answer) would it be advisable to remove the blue lube that is packed in the grooves before I try them in the sabots? They fit nice & snug in my Apex in a black smooth Harvester sabot.

those are actually conicals so im not sure about the diameter of those bullets. If they are 451 / 452 then sure you could give them a try. I personally would just leave the lube.

They are .450, but my Apex is tight & they fit very well. I just wondered if that lube would cause the sabots to stick to the bullet? I guess there is only one way to find out!

GregK
What do those weigh and if you don't mind me asking were did you find those at 50 for $10 WOW

They are 380 grains & my local Gander Mtn is closing them out at 9.99 so I figured I'd try them & if they shoot well I'll buy up their stock.

Good deal I don't blame you one bit.
I have tried shooting the lubed conicals in sabots
BUT found out that my best accurrace came when I stripped the lubed off.
Can't wait to see your range report
GOOD LUCK

I'll try a few with lube to see what happens and if accuracy is'nt up to snuff i'll take the lube off and try again !

I also picked up some .500 Remington Core Lokt Ultra Bonded 350 grain & I'll try them sabotless in my Impact & my Knight since they won't fit in my Apex or my Optima :(

Latest posts

Back