White.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmurphy

Reaction score
I have a model 97 whitetail hunter new in the box. .504 I was considering selling
can anyone tell me what it may be worth?

I paid $350 for mine several years ago an it was used. Around $450 would be a starting price for a new one, if you have the box helps too.

Does it have a laminated stock?

Although they are both "G" series rifles the Whitetail Hunter comes with a laminate stock, two mounting lugs/screws different barrel contours, aluminum ramrods. Some of the later WH's had the delrin thimbles and trigger guard, and Tru Glo sights.

Although they are both "G" series rifles the Whitetail Hunter comes with a laminate stock, two mounting lugs/screws different barrel contours, aluminum ramrods. Some of the later WH's had the delrin thimbles and trigger guard, and Tru Glo sights.
I have a super 91 that really shoots well, I assume this whitetail woul shoot about the same?

I have a super 91 that really shoots well, I assume this whitetail woul shoot about the same?

There's only one way to find out about that. If you work up the right load for it, I'm sure it will shoot quite well.
And mine has the tru goo sites as you mentioned
That's one thing about Whites is their consistent inconsistency as far as what parts went on what rifles. Barrels , sights, thimbles, triggers, under ribs, ramrods, hammers, breech plugs, trigger guards. I'm sure I'm missing a few other things. They built with what was on hand for parts. Add in design changes, well you get the picture. I have a S91 that is a M98 except for the laser engraving. The M97's were one of the most consistent run of Whites IMO. A lot of it had to do with what company was running things at the time the rifle was built.

As far as value. Take it to GunBroker. Start it with a low starting bid and let the market tell you what it's worth. If the rifle is new and in the original case with all the paperwork, I'm sure you will do quite well.

Thinking about selling my .504 S91s....preferably to the original DWB fellas, cos they know what I got. I might have a box and maybe an owners manual....not sure. But these guys know what I got, and how I take care of them.

I also have a custom mould and sizer for the bullets I cast for these 504's....

Thinking about selling my .504 S91s....preferably to the original DWB fellas, cos they know what I got. I might have a box and maybe an owners manual....not sure. But these guys know what I got, and how I take care of them.

I also have a custom mould and sizer for the bullets I cast for these 504's....
Are you feeling ok?

Latest posts

Back