• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Williams FP for Knight MK-85

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you use the same sight as a 336 Marlin? They are both slab sided. It would require drilling and tapping two holes, but from looking at pictures it seems as if it would work.

Last edited:
Thanks, I will look into that. I'm going to give Williams a call this morning and see if there are other options. Really don't want to drill/tap if I don't have to.

The NECG sight is pretty well made. It clamps onto a Weaver style base. I bought one hoping I could use peeps, but that did not work out.

It has two draw backs for me. One the stem of the peep is used to lock the slide in place, and two the opening when the peep is removed is rectangular. Because of this one cannot use the sight minus the peep as a ghost ring.

Neither draw back would be a problem if you were able to clearly see through the peep. My eyes will no longer allow that.

I ended up getting the Williams for the 336. I drilled and tapped the receiver and it turned out great. Shot it some this past weekend. Thanks for your suggestion on that. Now to work up a load for elk in September!

I was wondering about this today. All kinds of stuff runs through my head as I drive the lawn mower around in circles for a couple of hours. Glad it worked for you.

Latest posts

Back