Winchester 1866 Yellow boy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike in Oz

Reaction score
Well it appears that my Colt 1872 open top in 45 Colt, was the equivalent of a black powder cartridge gateway drug because I've just gone out and bought myself a Uberti 1866 Yellow boy in 45 Colt as well.....

This should be interesting!  :D

I kinda see myself slowly drifting in the direction of cowboy action, it doesn't help that my wardrobe looks like it dates from the 18th C!   :D

Mike in Oz said:
I kinda see myself slowly drifting in the direction of cowboy action, it doesn't help that my wardrobe looks like it dates from the 18th C!   :D
I am guessing you have seen a movie called Quigley Down Under. 
It had some 'cowboy action' and a very nice rifle. I am curious to know what you think about the movie and those guns.

I've never seen the full movie but I really should but its pretty realistic from what I understand of the colonisation of Australia.

a interesting thing you might enjoy. on the pine ridge reservation their is a large family with the last name of yellow boy, named after the winchester  yellow boy in the old days. i enjoy some of their names. my favorite is kills crow indian. i always ask them is they ever been to montana. as their are a lot of crow indians in montana. we always have a laugh about that. steels come from bill cody and yellow birds come from custer. i also like the name pawanee leggins. the man who started that name won them in a fight against a pawanee warrior.

Latest posts

Back