Wolf Trapping In Michigan?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawgHunter

Reaction score
For the full story and video click on the link.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 1/80602050

MIKE WENDLAND
Is it time to hunt and trap wolves in Michigan?
BY MIKE WENDLAND ? FREE PRESS TECHNOLOGY COLUMNIST ? JUNE 2, 2008

The recovery of the gray wolf population in Michigan's Upper Peninsula is perhaps the greatest wildlife success story in the past 150 years.

So says Jim Hammill, a former Michigan DNR wildlife biologist and now a private wildlife consultant. The problem is, says Hammill, those populations need to be managed. Read that controlled, as in trapping.

You can see parts of my interview with Hammill and some shots of wolves (and moose) that I took in the UP in the video below, done as part of a five-part series I just completed about Michigan's diverse attractions.

The Wolf

I clicked on the movie and couldnt get it to load, page not found it said.

The Wolf that is on the Ranchers welfare program.
The Wolf and the rest of the endangered spieces that are used to exclude all wilderness's from the national park and national forest's that are used for collateral at the world bank, the world bank that America uses for there major Credit Card, Than cant be paid back the almost 100 trillion dept that America is in because of all our elected officals that couldnt make good decissions.... the spotted owl that shut down all the logging and timber sales off national forests, since its collateral they couldnt keep logging it, they want all cattle off the forest, then they will want to put tole booths and charge us all to use our forest....

Hmm. I wish they would have a season on them. I'd love to head out for a week in the winter to see if I can shoot a wolf.

Back