Won't Even Make A Good Scalp

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot1

Reaction score
Ok once again age is sneaking up.

My hair has been Grey for years. Today my wife cut my hair and said you are going bald on top.  :shock:

oneshot

At least the Native Americans won't be interested in lifting you scalp. 

Save that Oneshot for another day.   :D   ;)

i worked 4 years with the chippawa and crees. when i left their to work with the sioux all my friend from up their told me the same thing. i wont get scalped as nothing to scalp. my friends up their do not trust a sioux at all. in old times they fought all the time, still do to this day. i would always put my money on the chips, they are huge people. crees are smaller but really tough. sioux fight in a group, the chips and crees like boxing and do very well by them self.

You talk about big people, look at the Osage Nation (Ni-u-kon-ska, "People of the Middle Waters") is a midwestern tribe of the Great Plains who historically dominated much of present-day Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas and Oklahoma. The tribe developed in the Ohio country and Mississippi River Valleys around 700 BC along with other groups of its language family. They migrated west of the Mississippi after the 17th century due to wars with the Iroquois invading the Ohio Valley from New York and Pennsylvania in a search for new hunting grounds. The nations separated at that time, and the Osage settled near the confluence of the Missouri and the Mississippi rivers.

The term "Osage" is a French version of the tribe's name, which can be roughly translated as "warlike". The Osage people refer to themselves in their language as Wazhazhe, or "Mid-waters".

"Warlike" is a mild term for these people, the Elders did selective breeding with their members, the larger bodied boys and girls were kept for breeding purposes while the smaller ones did the fighting. Remember in the early days 5'-2" was average for natives and whites, the breeders were 6'-5" plus, some as tall as 7'-0". Would that be a shocker to see this size of a warrior.

I am 71 and have no grey on top of my head.
6-06wy10.jpg

ron c, you look like you could fight bears with a stick. good pictures. osages were very big. the mandans also . the mandans trace their ancestry back to vikings, they practiced the catholic calander. the vikings they mixed with were first generation catholics.they had names like magus. they had a lot of things in common with northern norway.  they called the son of God, the lone man. many were 7 ft. tall. again, ron c, you look very strong.

I'm afraid that all is in the past, Strong Eagle, including the dark beard - the photo is about 10 years ago. I still have the same hairdo, though. The health issues of the last 2 years have taken their toll.
I was able to train hard until I was just over 68.
chain_10.jpg

To keep with the thread theme, notice the consistency of my hairstyle that would make for a poor scalp.
In my late 50s:
drcohe10.jpg

Early 60s:

6-20-010.jpg

At 68:
10-25-10.jpg

The same hair style is under the hat.
Ron

you still look like you could whip bears with a small stick.given the right moment and the right time their is still one good fight left in us. the other day at the gym i did a one arm left hand curl very strictly with 82 and 1/2 pounds. for some reason i just keep going up in strength in my upper body. trying to get my bench press back. did 230 strickly in the decline bench press sat. last. going to ride this train until it stops. my goal is way over 300 again. im only 5 ft 7 but i out shine many of the bigger young ones at the gym in weights pushed or pulled. if i had a frame like yours i would be in the big boy class. as it is im just a little guy who dont do too bad. my legs are starting to feel better and more loose as im riding my exercise bike about 3 times a week 1 hour very hard. a 1/2 hour forward and then a 1/2 hour backwards. if it ever came off of the stand i would go through the wall. going to try the hemp oil soon as was suggested here not to long ago.been doing alot of research into it and even talking to locals with more problems than mine and all i get is 100 percent good reports. as the bible says, every green herb for our health.  off topic, i also say to the young men in the gym that are going into the marines. the bible also says where no mercy is shown, none will be given back. the bible is the first and last word on every thing.

Hee, hee!
That's not the first time I have heard that, Buck. We were touring a gym, and considering the possibility of joining it. The fellow taking us around asked if she was my daughter. I told her were are NOT joining this gym.
Ron

My mother was 28 years younger than my late father, he used to cop the same sort of thing, he was never ver happy about the comments. It was his first marriage to, which made the age difference quite remarkable. Dad would be 108 if he was still alive today.  Ron you look like you could still hold a bear out to piss !!

My wife is 1 year younger than I am. She just turned 70.
Ron

Back