Wrist rocket saves the day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm chillin at the house after getting over a stomach bug and about 3 am my damn cats going crazy I get up to see three damn raccoons In my trash so I declare war I can't use a gun my neighbors wouldn't like that neither would the law so I grab my trusty wrist rocket had the thing since middle school and went to work two coins in the freezer and hide on the racks

Attachments

• IMG_20230816_153815.jpg
    IMG_20230816_153815.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
  • m5w621iibnn31.jpg
    m5w621iibnn31.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Got mine over 30 years ago. I still take an occasional walk with it and a few 000 buck just to be sure I can still thump a squirrel noggin.

Always a lot of fun!

Coon are wonderful to eat. You have to separate a lot of the muscles and remove about a pint of fat and the glands in the neck and armpits. Slow roasted on a drip grate so they don’t swim in their fat, some rutabaga or Potatoes, carrots, mushroom soup and spices however you want and they are the best!

Still got mine from about 35 years ago. Seen it the other day, the tubing has rotted off. Where can you find that round tubing?

Still got mine from about 35 years ago. Seen it the other day, the tubing has rotted off. Where can you find that round tubing?
You can get replacements at just about any sporting g goods section at a big box store.

good shootin,,,......coons are tough!!!!

when i was a kid i killed 11 squirrels with a slingshot.

in yellowstone, no less.

i cant hit squat now.

You can get replacements at just about any sporting g goods section at a big box store.
Good job on the coons. Surgical tubing I think is the same stuff but fofor how long it last you may as well buy the set without fussing about getting lengths right. I use mine when I'm hunting clearcuts. I find a good vantage point the start sending balls into distant piles of brush to get deer on their feet and moving.
As a kid, we didn't have wrist rockets, but we had self made slingshots. Lots of fun and a tanned backside or 2 from broken windows or pelting the neighbor's cat!

Latest posts

Back