Wrong Hog?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gundude

Reaction score
When Bat and I picked up our meat Monday, the processer didn't even have my number. They then said it must have been one of the really big hogs and started to give me one of those. I told them it wasn't one of the big hogs and I showed them my tag and how I wanted it cut. Hot Sausage and the rest was regular process. In the end I got a hog that I am not sure I shot. I got Mild sausage and a whole ham! I didn't get my head either. I was going to do a European with it.............. Oh well no big deal really, I was just wondering if the rest of you guys got yours cut the way you wanted it.

Some of you guys took some pics of my hog as I didnt have a camera with me when I shot it. I'd love to at least see how they turned out.

Hi Gundude. Due to Wyatts being closed Daniel took mine to Lifelike Taxidermy. I'm assuming yours was done at Wyatts?

They had the head & hide in one box & meat in others. Nice job exactly per my request but not vacpacked. They even saved the heart, liver & brians in separate bags. He told me they plan to get a vac packer in the future. I saw the head of the 800 plus pounder taken at Loshboughs....las year. Wow!!!! It was curing & not done yet.

You know my processor here in Athens doesn't have a vacuum packer. All the deer I've ever taken to them has never been vacuum packed and you know it ALL turns out GREAT! It's pack on a styrofoam tray and then wrapped with plastic wrap similar to the way it's done at the grocery store... I wonder if we have an option with who to take the meat to?

Latest posts

Back