field dressing a biscuit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anonymouscowherd

Reaction score
OK, so I frequent fark.com - the news still sucks but the headlines are funny at least. Anyway, they had one on Hardees in Arkansas giving out free sausage biscuits on opening day if you had your hunting license....

And the thread devolved to -

Damn it subby , you have me sitting here grinning like an idiot while trying to wrap my head around the concept of field dressing a Biscuit.

So you're going to want a really sharp knife. Like really sharp. Probably serrated. You're going to insert the knife into the center of the biscuit. To be clear, you should be doing this on the horizontal axis, you're planning on making two flat biscuit patties, not two biscuit soldiers. Then you move the blade around the biscuit in a circular sawing motion. Depending on your type of biscuit and knife, this maybe easier, but expect some crumbs. And you should expect some buttery type grease on your fingers.

Then you have to gut it. Get a spoon and on each patty, scrape out as much of the bread as you can. You want to keep that firm exterior, and lose any of the flaky inside goodness. You're going to keep that, don't throw it away, but you're really making a pair of bowls at this point. Once you've got some bowls, you're going to throw in some filling. Now, my preference is a hearty sausage gravy, preferably heavy on the pepper. But barring that, a meaty patty with some cheese and a fried egg is a good way to go. If you do cheese instead of gravy, you should either be prepared to nuke it for 30 seconds or let it sit for a while, you want the cheese mostly melty--not liquid, but warm and soft. You eat that how you want, no judgment, fingers or fork.

Then you use the bread you scooped out of the biscuit to wipe up whatever's still on the plate, whether it's the rest of the gravy or just some melty cheesy and garlic butter.

OK, so I frequent fark.com - the news still sucks but the headlines are funny at least. Anyway, they had one on Hardees in Arkansas giving out free sausage biscuits on opening day if you had your hunting license....

And the thread devolved to -

Damn it subby , you have me sitting here grinning like an idiot while trying to wrap my head around the concept of field dressing a Biscuit.

So you're going to want a really sharp knife. Like really sharp. Probably serrated. You're going to insert the knife into the center of the biscuit. To be clear, you should be doing this on the horizontal axis, you're planning on making two flat biscuit patties, not two biscuit soldiers. Then you move the blade around the biscuit in a circular sawing motion. Depending on your type of biscuit and knife, this maybe easier, but expect some crumbs. And you should expect some buttery type grease on your fingers.

Then you have to gut it. Get a spoon and on each patty, scrape out as much of the bread as you can. You want to keep that firm exterior, and lose any of the flaky inside goodness. You're going to keep that, don't throw it away, but you're really making a pair of bowls at this point. Once you've got some bowls, you're going to throw in some filling. Now, my preference is a hearty sausage gravy, preferably heavy on the pepper. But barring that, a meaty patty with some cheese and a fried egg is a good way to go. If you do cheese instead of gravy, you should either be prepared to nuke it for 30 seconds or let it sit for a while, you want the cheese mostly melty--not liquid, but warm and soft. You eat that how you want, no judgment, fingers or fork.

Then you use the bread you scooped out of the biscuit to wipe up whatever's still on the plate, whether it's the rest of the gravy or just some melty cheesy and garlic butter.
Sounds like them Bubba's know how to gut n stuff a buscuit.......afterall, trained at Hardees in Arkansas, it doesn't get any better than that.

Latest posts

Back