WTB THOMPSON CENTER SENECA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theres a few for sale now on various auction sites. your lucky to see them advertised for under $400. especially in .32-.36. every so often A guy pipes in on a forum with one found in a pawn shop, and acquired at a steal. you gotta either be lucky or diligent and patient. anything seneca, or cherokee the tooling was all lost about 25 years ago in a factory fire , never replaced and discontinued. A few years back, I was on a quest for seneca/cherokee stuff myself. I still have 1-2, but I also paid dear for a few with rusty barrels and snails that were drilled retapped and ruined, cracked stocks....its a crap shoot on those auction sites. I have had both good and miserable experiences.

Thanks for the info any chance that you would sell one of yours ? Thanks Tom

unfortunately no. I ended up buying way too high in my zest to just get them. what I wanted was the .32 with 1-30 twist. I got one .36 barrel with a rusted bore and drilled and ruined snail that I ended up trading off. and one workable .45 barrel I keep for the kids I take shooting. I managed to take a deer with it a few years back, but for me I cant really use them with a .45 barrel. It slaps me in the cheek every shot something fierce. the .32's are fine and in my opinion the best twist for the caliber. Stocks and parts are sporadically available on e bay for crazy asking prices. probably your best bet is to try to find a stock/trigger/action there, and have a barrel made from a custom manufacturer, fitted with the appropriate breech and do it yourself. in the end, youll probably end up paying like I did. pretty much the reason I wont part with them, there's no way I could recoup my costs, or replace them. they will be family heirlooms for as long as I can control it. Depending on what your looking for (what caliber, or twist) there are several options for cheaper alternatives. really only the .32 is something only replaceable custom order with its TC 1-30 twist. The .36 and .45 are 1-48 twist and could be matched with another make. the CVA varminter or squirreler in .32 (although 1-48 twist, and discontinued also, but not hard to find) are good shooters, just a bit more finicky for load development. Or presently available the Traditions Deerstalker, or Crocket rifle both get good reviews from owners

I have the 50-cal Traditions Shenandoah and they still make the 36 caliber and sell the kit for $480 at possibleshop.com

I've seen the 'finished' Traditions Crockett in 32 cal over at midwayusa.com for $469.

Back