You are alloweed over 50 deer in Indiana in 2005

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Check out the new bonus anterless regs in Indiana this year. 13 counties are designated as deer reduction counties. You are allowed 4 deer in each county for a total of 52. Then your 4 statewide anterless permits= 56 then a buck with any weapon= 57 then one deer each with bow tag and muzzleloader tag= 59 deer total. Of course you gotta get the permission to hunt in each county, but read the examples given on page 17 of the regs. Say you hunt Clark county only, you can get 4 deer reduction, 4 more anterless for a total of 8, then 1 buck, 1 archery wither sex and 1 mz either sex for a total of 11 deer in just one of the deer reduction counties.

Nope that is the kicker I dont have land to hunt in any of those countys, but I generally only shoot 2 at most cause thats all we can eat. But I forgot to mention you must buy a tag for everyone unless you have a lifetime license or a youth license.

Doohan I live in one of those counties, come over and give me a hand in doe management 8) :lol: .

I believe you can take two with bow. I believe there are 9 urban zones good for another 4 deer each of which only 1 per zone can be a buck. All of Vanderburgh (Evansville) is an urban zone; plus any special military, park and refuge shoots; plus depredation permits.

Grouse said:
Rifleman said:
out of state tags are 120.75 each

:huh?:
Yup, the Hoosier state isn't bashful about charging.

Resident tags are about $25 each. 50 deer = $1200!!!! A typical year,(archery, firearm, muzzleloader, 1 bonus, turkey, small game) cost me more than a comprehensive non-resident license in TN.

laker said:
Doohan I live in one of those counties, come over and give me a hand in doe management 8) :lol: .

That would be EXCELLENT! I would love to !

I can see it now JJ and Laker stomping though the woods, sheesh, Would make Shermans march across the south look like a social call. :lol:

Rifleman said:
out of state tags are 120.75 each
Not if you have a good friend that has a lifetime license, I think we can even share a gun, right Dohann

Wow 50 PLUS DEER IN A SEASON!!! That gotta be some kinda RECORD BAG LIMIT here in the good ole US of A!!! :lol:

Sounds like too much work to limit out there in that INDIANA STATE!!! :lol:

I think Alabama allows a deer per day for the entire season in some places.

Your are right there RMan. I hunted Bama couple years ago with ole top notch guide Bo Pittman at White Oak Plantation. It was a deer a day back then & sounds like same today.

Most I ever took in PA was 4 in one year. Really, 2 is plenty like you mentioned.

Rifleman said:
I think Alabama allows a deer per day for the entire season in some places.

It was a few years ago and maybe bow only, but I think Florida didn't have a daily limit; just kill all you want.

RogerDailey said:
plus depredation permits.

Can farmers in your area still get deperdation permits? They quit giving them out around here. I know a farmer who 10 years ago was getting 20+ every year, but he can no longer get them.

Since my surgery has been put off until after season (The surgeon is a hunter, so I got it put off unless it turns into an emergency procedure when they are doing the "final" tests tomorow) I will be bow hunting the Vanderburg Co urban zone with my cousin. One of his buddies has a 500 ac. farm with a few 120 class bucks on it in Vanderburg Co., and it should be a great place to hunt.

HighTechRedneck said:
RogerDailey said:
plus depredation permits.

Can farmers in your area still get deperdation permits? They quit giving them out around here. I know a farmer who 10 years ago was getting 20+ every year, but he can no longer get them.
Yes, I don't know the details on getting the permits, but I know they are still being issued. Probably on a case by case basis. I heard someone complaining last year because they had several hundred acres "leased" and the owner had gotten and used several depredation permits during the summer.

I know that they used to do it on a case by case basis. The guy who I know that used to get them has his farm near Patoka lake. They just might not be giving them to him any longer because of all the public ground in the area. I just assumed that since he no longer got them that they had quit giving them.
I know another farmer who I am going to try and talk into getting a few and letting me use the since I now know that they still give them. Every year there are 45-50 deer taken on his property, and if he can get some permits I would make those #'s much higher with my Savage after the normal deer seasons are over.

Back