You wanna get rid of your 777 crud ring????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it really works it will be an answer to my prayers.it does sound promising though.i would really like to talk to someone who has used it an get their opinions on it.and what a cheap price too.I may order some an try it on 1 of my other muzzleloaders.

It must be some tuff stuff for a "coating" to handle the punishment that happens inside a bore. I noticed they didn't mention what powder and how much was used in testing. My biggest worry would be not getting coated evenly and the results that would cause.

I don't think I would want to coat the inside of a gun bore with anything,that can't be removed. Sounds like the Moly craze that hit years ago. It was the greatest thing since sliced bread,UNTIL shooters discovered that their bores were rusted under the moly coating. Seems that moly is hydroscopic(draws moisture like a sponge) and the barrel that were treated with it and used in high humidity climates were rusting under the coating. I'm not saying that will happen with this stuff,I don't know anything about it! If I shoot T7 hunting,I just take along some patches damp with Mean Green window cleaner in a scoal can,and use it instead of a spit patch. I have never been able to get a second shot off at a deer I missed,so speed in reloading has never been an issue. Ron

RonS,

The ultra bore coat is NOT a re-visit of the moly craze. The "ultra bore coat" works. I am going to test 2 barrels as soon as deer season ends.

Chocdog

Latest posts

Back