You YANKS are really gonna DROOL over THIS!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
After Venisoneater graciously shared with us a picture of his venison holiday meal, I thought I'd take a picture of what I cooked up for myself the other night... UUMMMM!!

2006rangepics%20001.jpg

PLACEMAT courtesy of GROUSE! :lol:

Ya'll like this kind of grub?

Nice plate. What food yo got there? Sourkraut and polish sausage? Lima beans? Corn bread?

Is that a fried pie or a slice of cornbread with the butter on it. Either one works for me!! Looks great!

What food yo got there? Sourkraut and polish sausage? Lima beans? Corn bread?

Well..SORT of! :lol:

This is what we would call it here in Athens, AL...

Kraut 'n weiners, butter beans, and yes you got the corn bread RIGHT! Yummm!

Is that a fried pie

WHY did you say that! Now I'm CRAVING one! ABSOLUTELY one of my favorites! And you know...no one really CAN make 'em like mom can!

Patrick White said:
You can keep it. I don't like sourkraut.

I REALLY hated it for YEARS! Actually in just the last 5-6 years I've REALLY started to like it!

*sigh* I guess I'll have to make something really good and get a pic.

big6x6 said:
What food yo got there? Sourkraut and polish sausage? Lima beans? Corn bread?

Well..SORT of! :lol:

This is what we would call it here in Athens, AL...

Kraut 'n weiners, butter beans, and yes you got the corn bread RIGHT! Yummm!

Is that a fried pie

WHY did you say that! Now I'm CRAVING one! ABSOLUTELY one of my favorites! And you know...no one really CAN make 'em like mom can!

Hold on there Chuck. You have not tasted my Mom's fried pies!! :wink:

Call you Mom...bet she would make you some. If you are too over-stuffed to get to the phone give me her number and I will call for you!! :drool:

I've got some plates just like those above but I put one heckuva lot more vittles on 'em than THAT! :D

Chuck, them is really baby lima beans aint they? South Carolina butter beans are speckled, a bit smaller than a pinto, and most definitely taste like butter. Baby lima's don't have the taste like those do. Otherwise, fix me a plate, I'll be right over. Ya done throwed a cravin on me! :wink:

14.JPG

Speckled butter beans are part of the lima bean family and they is some kinda good. If you've not had 'em http://www.southwesternproduce.com/online_sales.htm .

Hold on there Chuck. You have not tasted my Mom's fried pies!!

Call you Mom...bet she would make you some. If you are too over-stuffed to get to the phone give me her number and I will call for you!!

You GOT it! Best EVER! I'll tell you what...Next time she cooks some don't be surprised if you get a next day air package with one IN it! 8)

Big6x6

Is this the meal you were refering to...?

THAT'S IT! :lol:

So it was YOU that started this mess! :lol:

Chuck, them is really baby lima beans aint they? South Carolina butter beans are speckled, a bit smaller than a pinto, and most definitely taste like butter. Baby lima's don't have the taste like those do. Otherwise, fix me a plate, I'll be right over. Ya done throwed a cravin on me!

Rich...we call everything that is that SHAPE a BUTTER BEAN! :lol: Ain't nuttin' like fresh picked butter beans right out of the garden with corn bread and a slice of onion!

You southern boys actually fry a pie ! Thats a crime against nature !

big6x6 said:
Hold on there Chuck. You have not tasted my Mom's fried pies!!

Call you Mom...bet she would make you some. If you are too over-stuffed to get to the phone give me her number and I will call for you!!

You GOT it! Best EVER! I'll tell you what...Next time she cooks some don't be surprised if you get a next day air package with one IN it! 8)

Chuck, wrap it real good. If my UPS driver smells whats in the package somehow the contents will mysteriously disappear!

Rifleman said:
You southern boys actually fry a pie ! Thats a crime against nature !

You have obviously never eaten a southern fried pie. If it's a crime this is one crime that pays!!

Latest posts

Back