Youth bow beginnings

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VENISONEATR

Reaction score
For about two weeks now I've been letting my son shoot his new Genesis bow down in the basement. And although the draw length is just a tad bit long for him he is adapting very well! He's shooting bare fingers and for right now we are just working on form. He's 6 years old and every night he pesters the heck out of me to go down and shoot his bow. He usually shoots about 12 - 18 arrows per night per night. It's really exciting for him and me when the arrow actually hits where he is aiming. I'll keep you guys informed of his progress. I love this sport and introducing my son to its different facets has given me a whole new dimension to explore and enjoy :):)

DSC01914Small.jpg

DSC01915Small.jpg

Way to go there Jimmy! You sure have the right idea! Next thing you know he'll be pestering you to go hunting! ...and I know you'll take him. That's what it's all about!

This is a great bow to start out with. The draw length is adjustable over a very wide range and is easily accomplished by moving a cam stop pin on the lower cam. As he grows bigger the bow can be adjusted to fit him!! He'a a little annoyed that it isn't camouflage like his Dads, but I told him when he can put six arrows in a black dot on the target @ 20 yds. I'll buy him a new camo bow. I will say that for the last six weeks he's been in a leg cast with a busted shin bone and this bow has been a great cure for the cabin fever months. Thank you Matthews for making a great product. I highly recommend this bow.

It's great to see a little guy all excited to shoot his bow. Those Genesis bows are a great to start out new archers with. Thanks for sharing the pics. 8)

Nice post, I have a young boy that is disabled that I am trying to get started in muzzleloading first. His physical disability does not allow him to take the recoil of a shotgun slug. He can't handle a bow yet, and may be forced into a crossbow down the road.

It sheds a whole new light on the experience of hunting. I would love to see the look on the young ones face when they get their fast deer. Definitely a very bonding moment between a father and son.
:D

Back