Zeiss releases three new Conquest designs!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcchartboy

Reaction score
I had been waiting for this news for some time. In fact I found myself in front of my computer thinking about it and decided to google some terms in hopes of finding any reports...Here it is...and its Official, straight from the companies website...

Zeiss Introduces Three New CONQUEST Riflescopes
for Shotguns, Muzzleloaders, Rimfire and Ultra-light Rifles

Chester, 03/21/2006. CHESTER, Va.,? Carl Zeiss Sports Optics has extended its popular Conquest line to include three new high-performance riflescopes designed for shotguns, muzzleloaders, rimfire and ultra-light centerfire and heavy magnum rifles. The Conquest 1.8-5.5x38, Conquest 2.5-8x32 and Conquest 4x32 all have a generous four-inch eye relief that allows faster target acquisition, a one-inch center tube and 1/4 MOA click adjustments for quick, precision tuning. These rugged scopes are waterproof, nitrogen filled to prevent internal fogging and are available in a variety of non-magnifying reticles to ensure that the image remains constant throughout the entire power range, thus hiding as little of the target as possible.

The Conquest 1.8-5.5x38 is the perfect scope for hunters who prefer shotguns and muzzleloaders. This scope achieves amazing results in low-light situations while maintaining a remarkably low profile. Like all Conquest riflescopes, the lenses in this new model are fully multicoated to produce maximum light transmission, color fidelity and brilliance, providing the contrast needed to see game, even in thick cover. This allows for accurate shot placement in the most challenging conditions.

Shotgun hunters will also be impressed with the fast target acquisition capability of this scope that makes for ideal handling on a deer drive and yet is still brilliant enough to use from a tree stand at dawn and dusk. And for shooting enthusiasts who enjoys a variety of firearms, this is also a fine scope for rimfire rifles and some centerfire rifles as well. The Conquest 1.8-5.5x38 is available in five reticles -- #2 (previously only available in the Victory Diavari riflescope line and excellent for Cape Buffalo or other fast-action dangerous game hunts), # 4, #20, #21 and #57. Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price: $647.00

The Conquest 2.5-8x32 is the ideal choice for serious rimfire shooters who favor the popular .17 HMR and .17 MACH2 in addition to the traditional .22 rimfire calibers. It is also a great scope for recreational shooters who like plinking at targets and also for hunters of varmints and other small game. The lightweight design is also especially appealing to the mobile varmint and predator hunters who often walk for miles.

Among the other features that set this scope apart is its compatibility with lightweight rifles in centerfire and heavy magnum calibers. The lightweight and low profile design of the Conquest 2.5-8x32 has astonishing ability to withstand heavy recoil making it an ideal choice for those who want to mount it on the popular new short magnum calibers or the venerable 7MM REM Mag, .300 WIN Mag, .338 Win Mag or .375H&H. This is a perfect combination on long safaris or for the sheep hunter in rough terrain.

The Conquest 2.5-8x32 is available in reticles # 4, 20, 21 and 57. Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price: $567.00

The Conquest 4x32 is Zeiss? first fixed power riflescope in the Conquest line. This is an ideal all-
purpose scope for hunters and shooters who favor the reliability and performance of a quality fixed power scope. The optical excellence of this model is what the discerning shooter would expect from a legendary name like Zeiss ? crisp, clear images and accurate performance, even in low light.

The Conquest 4x32 is available in reticles # 2, 4, 20 and 21. Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price: $647.00

About Zeiss:

Carl Zeiss is a leading international group of companies operating worldwide in the optical and
opto-electronic industry. Carl Zeiss AG is headquartered in Oberkochen, Germany. The business groups, which each operate with sole responsibility, are generally ranked first or second in the strategic markets of biosciences and medical technology, system solutions for industry and optical consumer goods. They offer products and services for biomedical research and medical technology, system solutions for the semiconductor, automotive and mechanical engineering industries, as well as high-quality consumer goods such as camera lenses and binoculars. In fiscal year 2004/05 (ended 30 September) the Carl Zeiss Group generated sales totaling EUR 2.2 billion. Carl Zeiss has 11,500 members of staff, including 3,300 outside Germany. The Carl Zeiss Group is directly represented in more than 30 countries and operates production facilities in Europe, America and Asia.

The eyeglass business now operates as Carl Zeiss Vision International GmbH and is the number two eyeglass provider in the world. This company is owned 50:50 by Carl Zeiss AG and a private equity company.

Further information is available at www.zeiss.com/sports or call 1-800-441-3005.

The Conquest 2.5-8x32 is available in reticles # 4, 20, 21 and 57. Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price: $567.00

Shoot another scope I'll have to have. I have 3 Leupold VX-III in this power range and they are some of my favorite scopes. Guess I will have to look into this new Zeiss. :)

Hunt,

I was actually thinking about waiting for the these new scopes to come out. I had heard a rumor on accurate reloading that they would be announced soon. In particular I was interested in the Conquest 2.5-8x32 for a gun I am currently putting together. (My new Vari-x III will go on it instead).

The reason I never considered it for more than a few moments was simple. First, they may not be available for months at best. More importantly, they will most likely be selling at full retail cost, (or more) for awhile after they hit the shops. There will just be way too much demand for them to see any discounting for many months/years.

We have become used to buying these on discount. I can guarentee the new 2.5-8x32's will cost substantially more than what we are currently paying for the 3-9x40's, at least until they meet pent up demand. With a suggested retail price of 567$, I image the first scopes will all be going for high 500's minimum....

More importantly, they will most likely be selling at full retail cost, (or more) for awhile after they hit the shops. There will just be way too much demand for them to see any discounting for many months/years.

jcchartboy,

Very good point about the supply and demand. Guess I'll just wait a while. :think:

I bet Big6X6 will be drooling over one these in the #4 reticle. :drool:

The reason I never considered it for more than a few moments was simple. First, they may not be available for months at best. More importantly, they will most likely be selling at full retail cost, (or more) for awhile after they hit the shops. There will just be way too much demand for them to see any discounting for many months/years.

You are sure correct about ALL of that!

I bet Big6X6 will be drooling over one these in the #4 reticle.

...and YOU sir, are correct about THAT! :D I will surely be a while before we are able to get our hands on one I bet.. :(

big6x6 said:

You are sure correct about ALL of that!

I bet Big6X6 will be drooling over one these in the #4 reticle.

...and YOU sir, are correct about THAT! :D I will surely be a while before we are able to get our hands on one I bet.. :(

I e-mailed my Zeiss guy and said July...

Seems a little odd the fixed 4 would be higher priced than the higher powered variable :?:

Underclocked said:
Seems a little odd the fixed 4 would be higher priced than the higher powered variable :?:

That does seem a little odd, the 4X must have some extra premium glass or something :roll:

The first indications are in....possible mid April availabilty, 470ish$ for the Conquest 2.5-8x32...

HokieHunter said:
That 2.5-8x32 would be awesome for a muzzleloader, but I like my 3.5-10x44.

Unfortunately, at almost 16oz the Conquest 3.5-10x44 is also one of the heavier models in that magification range around... :(

Considering the Leupold VX-III 3.5-10x40 weighs only 13oz it is hard to justify the Conquest 3.5-10x44's weight for any gun except those where weight is not an issue.

True, very true. As the 10ML is like carrying around a pressure-treated 4x4 anyway, what the hell is another pound???

I have seen them advertised, however they are all listed at 529.99$. That makes me think that they are either just displaying a list price and don't even have them in stock, or Zeiss is controlling advertised pricing. I would suggest contacting these guys and asking...

Zeiss 2.5-8x32
http://theopticzone.com/detail.aspx?ID=4044

Notice the price though...529.99...I bet that his reserve is very close to that price...baically it is not really much of an "auction".

Hunt4...

Doug..(that seller), just got his first shippment in a few days ago...however all he could get was the 1.8-5.5x38MC's, an the 4x32 MC's.

Apparently the 2.5-8's are going to be harder to come by for now...

JC: Yeah, the 2.5-8's will probably be the most poplar of the three. It will be a supply and demand thing. $$$$ :roll:

Just heard form Doug a few minutes ago...He says he expects them next week... :wink: