Knight Knockout (KO) 12 bore rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Test #2, Swiss 2F powder.
What a difference powder makes... Even with a 1x scope, previous test with Olde Enysford didn't have any bullets touching at 50.
Just randomly grabbed my 75gr measure for my B&M. Shot 3 shots 50 yards, wiping between shots and had to walk down to my target (during cease fire) see if my eyes were seeing things.
Thought I would just quit as I don't think I can do any better, so I pulled my target.

Attachments

• 12b 940 range.JPG
    12b 940 range.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 295
  • 12b 940 50 target.jpg
    12b 940 50 target.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 295
Test #2, Swiss 2F
What a difference powder can make.. Even with a 1x scope, previous test did not have any bullets touching and about a 3" group at 50.
Just randomly grabbed my 75gr measure for my B&M and started from there.
3 shots wiping between shots, had to walk down to look during a line cease fire to see if my eyes were seeing correctly. Pulled my target as I thought - incredible, can't do any better.

Attachments

• 12b 940 range.JPG
    12b 940 range.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 12b 940 50 target.jpg
    12b 940 50 target.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 293
After pondering over the target and impressing a black gun shooter - who couldn't believe what I was shooting. I thought - I still have a little time, I wonder how this will shot dirty with a 2nd or 3rd shot.
With no target of mine posted - Shot 3x at an old target at 50, no cleaning "load and shoot"

What the heck - what will it do at 100?
Still haven't wiped, shot 3 more times..
Point of aim was 12 o'clock at the top of the frame. With my hand as a measure, looks like the center of the 3 shots impact is about 8-9" low.

Stacks them at 50 and 4" group at 100 - I think it's ready...

Attachments

• 12b 940 50nc.JPG
    12b 940 50nc.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 294
  • 12b 940 100.JPG
    12b 940 100.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 294
That dog gonna hunt for sure! :yeah: I bet that is going to hit like Thor's Hammer! :shock:

Very nice. I would sure hate to be the deer that gets hit by that brick your throwing ! Good luck nice work

As opening day of ML is about 10 days away, I find myself thinking of what this bullet/load will do to a Whitetail as this thing is new territory for me.
Stopped by the range, set up my target frame at 30 long steps - just wanted to see where my first shot would go. With a 50y d zero - It hit about 1" high.
Then I shot 2 more shots in the bulls, all was good - then, I noticed that the last was nearly a pin-wheel. With the 1x scope, nearly the entire black bull is covered - I wondered if I could hold and make a smiley face for Halloween? Well, on the far right target I didn't hold-off enough for my 2nd shot. So, I went to the center bull and made the eyes, so I began the 'Load & Go' for about 15 or so consecutive shots.. it was nearly all guess work on the mouth - seemed like 3-4 went into one ragged hole, I did end up with one accidental 'snaggletooth' on the right.

There is no doubt this rifle and load are ready!

Attachments

• 12b Hallow 30y.JPG
    12b Hallow 30y.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 248
  • 12b Hallow rifle.JPG
    12b Hallow rifle.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 248
Can't wait to see what that beast does to a deer! 8)

Man 52, that is good stuff! Beautiful gun - great work, and the fact that its shooting super as well has to make you happy. I bet it delivers a heck of a punch on both ends!
I can't wait to see how it does on deer. It'll probably knock em back about 3 feet! :lol: Good luck, can't wait to see your reports!

That is just tooo cool wish i had the skills and equiptment to build something like that!

Re: Knight Knockout (KO) 12 bore rifle - update

Finally had the opportunity arise. A doe broadside within 75yds - this was 60 yards. The big bullet passed thru the doe like every other heavy conical I’ve shot.
Kinda anticlimactic.

Attachments

• 9B75A836-95D6-4C99-A853-899BF248E455.jpeg
    9B75A836-95D6-4C99-A853-899BF248E455.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 81
Caught on video with cell phone. Slow motion shows bullet passing right thru her (heart), she jumped straight up 3’ in the air and ran 75 yds.
With a 3/4” diameter bullet with a MV of 950fps, at 60 yds it’s under 900fps. Makes one wonder how a 250gr bullet shot in today’s MML (100yds and under), traveling at 2000fps MV would NOT exit an animal.
I have my thoughts..

that's a neat rifle 52 I bet its a blast to hunt with. Its shooting about the same speed as a lot of the big bore air rifles but about a 100 gr or so heavier slug. Actually I think most big bore air guns are in the 750-830 fps range and there are guys who have killed Elk with them.

dbowling said:
that's a neat rifle 52 I bet its a blast to hunt with. Its shooting about the same speed as a lot of the big bore air rifles but about a 100 gr or so heavier slug. Actually I think most big bore air guns are in the 750-830 fps range and there are guys who have killed Elk with them.
It is wonderful in the hands.
It was a fun project, it really needs an Elk or Bear..

Latest posts

Back