Knight Stock interchangeability?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
I've been looking for Knight MK-85 thumb hole stock for some time, laminate or synthetic, with no luck. I wonder if any of the other Knight stocks, like the American knight thumb hole, would fir the MK-85. Anybody know about this?

Thanks for the information. Knight lists the bighorn xtra thumbhole for $140. Seems like I'd be putting a $100 saddle on a ten dollar horse. :D I sold all of my MK-85 rifles (3) several years ago and went to the stainless, fluted barrel, Knight rifles wirh NFPJ ignition and BH209.. I just picked up this MK-85 because it was light, really cheap, had both fpj and bare 209 ignition systems and bore is very good. I think it was called the light rife. Chromemoly barrel is only about 20" long and I believe the stock is beech (ugly) with a glued on shotgun type pad. Trigger is sweet-Timney. Rifle shoots very well from a fouled barrel, but must be swabbed after every shot, (crud ring) when using 85 grains of T7 FFFg behind 250 gr expanders. I don't know who made the barrel. Serial is 370**. I'll keep looking for a deal on a thumbhole or even a nice laminate conventional stock.

Sounds like a nice rifle. Yeah, the cost of a new TH stock from Knight isn't the best. They do show up now and then, but not very often. It's probably easier to find a laminated stock and the std black composite stocks are readily available it seems, usually for $75 or less.

Bill said:
Thanks for the information. Knight lists the bighorn xtra thumbhole for $140. Seems like I'd be putting a $100 saddle on a ten dollar horse. :D

I bought a thumbhole for mine right after buying my MK-85 about 30+ years ago. The way that it handles is worth that $100 saddle imo . . .

Latest posts

Back