Warranty turn around times?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Reaction score
So lets say this is all hypothetical for now. But lets say you have a brand new muzzleloader from a reputable company. Lets say this new gun has issues, major issues. You talk to them and agree to send it in to them. They receive the muzzleloader and now no contact with them. What would be a reasonable amount of time you wait to hear something before you start calling and sending more emails?

Two days for me, in this day and age people check their emails hourly let along daily ....

I get up set if I don't get a reply back with in a day let alone a few days from work .
Steve

03mossy said:
So lets say this is all hypothetical for now. But lets say you have a brand new muzzleloader from a reputable company. Lets say this new gun has issues, major issues. You talk to them and agree to send it in to them. They receive the muzzleloader and now no contact with them. What would be a reasonable amount of time you wait to hear something before you start calling and sending more emails?
Hope it wasn't a White rifle!! :roll: :poke:

I'm with sbuff, two days is plenty of time to get a reply to a email, once you confirm the gun has arrived.

Haha that's funny except Doc still replys to emails usually within hours......

For me, with no hunting season currently going on, a week. After that, I want to know if it was looked at, if yes, then what is wrong and when will it be fixed, if no, then when will it be looked at.

Well according to the tracking info they signed for it the morning of March 20th. Was able to make contact that week and confirmed they had it. No contact since. Trying to be patient with this but Im running low. I dont need it fixed now but some sort of update would be nice.

Looking at your gun list in your signature I have an educated guess where the problem lies..... good luck I had to call the parent company after about a month of no call backs.

Called again yesterday morning, left another voicemail, still no call back.

03mossy said:
Called again yesterday morning, left another voicemail, still no call back.

03 call in the morning Tennessee time - probably around 9 - 10... Monday thru Wednesday. I am thinking you might be able to catch Ashley then. I would suggest not talking to the answering machine but to repeat the call hoping for a live person. When she is at the desk she answers as the calls come in so she is probably speaking to someone else at the time of your call and it goes to voice mail. I assume they are working their "off-season" schedule now and are not available all week... cost saving measure instituted a couple of years back.

Yes it is Knight. When I first called I talked to Ashley and Justin. They were both very willing to help. Justin wanted the gun sent back and emailed me a shipping label. It's since they received the gun that things have gone down hill. I've been able to talk to Ashley twice. 1st time she tells me expect 12 week turn around time and they have to wait for the weather to clear to get to the range. I asked to talk to Justin and got his voice mail. She also sent him and email and copied me asking for an update. I was able to get through again Friday and again Ashley transferred me and I got Justin's voicemail. I understand things take time bit all I'm asking for is an update. 12 weeks is just rediculous.

I hesitated even posting anything about this but I'm getting frustrated. I was really looking forward to spending a lot of time with my Mountaineer this spring working up loads. If that 12 weeks hold true it will be July before I see it again.

03mossy said:
Yes it is Knight. When I first called I talked to Ashley and Justin. They were both very willing to help. Justin wanted the gun sent back and emailed me a shipping label. It's since they received the gun that things have gone down hill. I've been able to talk to Ashley twice. 1st time she tells me expect 12 week turn around time and they have to wait for the weather to clear to get to the range. I asked to talk to Justin and got his voice mail. She also sent him and email and copied me asking for an update. I was able to get through again Friday and again Ashley transferred me and I got Justin's voicemail. I understand things take time bit all I'm asking for is an update. 12 weeks is just rediculous.

I hesitated even posting anything about this but I'm getting frustrated. I was really looking forward to spending a lot of time with my Mountaineer this spring working up loads. If that 12 weeks hold true it will be July before I see it again.

Do not hesitate... it is what it is. All of us want Knight Service to step up. And you are correct 12 weeks is totally ridiculous!

Like I said I finally went above Knight to the parent company and things started happening fast for me at that point, I got 3 return phone calls within an hour and a phone call with shipping and tracking info that afternoon.

I agree with all the others. Once I settle on what I feel is a reasonable time for a company to at least contact me, I have no problem bugging the heck out of them until I get some answers. They basically have $1k of your money sitting in their shop. They may not feel like that's a big deal but to me it's a huge issue. If I go to work, I'm expected to do my job at have things done on time. If I don't I'm going to have someone breathing down my neck about it. Maybe they need that too.

Sent another email this morning and heard back they were going to try and get to it today! Fingers crossed I get some answers today.

Latest posts

Back