Cva or tc

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks buckdoehunter for clearing that up, I wondered if they were all like that because I handled one a while back that felt tighter.

Your question on Yardage;
For comparison, not all will be the same .
My Triumph with 110 grains Blackhorn and 250 grain bullet [Shockwave] gives me 2020 FPS average sighted in point blank 3 inches high at 100yds it is 3 .25 inches low to the center of the group at 200 yds.
There are variables involved I use win 209 for reloading primers and the Harvester short black [300grains and under] how tight the sabot bullet combination is will vary the FPS the big hollow points shoot a bit lower than the Shock wave SST or FTX.
Remember everyone wants to think what they have is best, be sure the one you get is a good fit for the lop and the drop of the stock, and don't get burnt by going cheap.

By preference I would go with the CVA Accura MR or PR. The Bergara barrel is crazy accurate. I was shocked to be getting MOA accuracy out of a muzzy. I was expecting 3 inch groups at 100 yards not sub 1 inch groups. I am using a Hornady .452 300 gr XTP in a MMP Black 3Petal-EZ with Blackhorn 209 between 80 and 100 grains. As far as distance shooting roughly right you should be dead on at 25 yards, about 2 1/2 inches high at 100 yards, back to dead on at 200 yards and 3 to 4 inches low at 250. Yes it sucks having to buy the special breech plug. as a previous poster stated the o-ring thing is a waste of time. You can by the western kit or the CVA kit. I picked up a hex drill bit kit and cheapo handle for $5.00 to clean the chunkys out of the flash channel. Also as stated the trigger is like gold.

Now there is nothing wrong with TC. The Triumph, Bone Collector and Encores are fine weapons. I own a TC Renegade in 54 cal that I love to shoot Black with a Pillow ticking lubed patch and a round ball. But I am loving my new CVA Accura MR. 8)

WildTurkey said:
....... I am using a Hornady .452 300 gr XTP in a MMP Black 3Petal-EZ with Blackhorn 209 between 80 and 100 grains. As far as distance shooting roughly right you should be dead on at 25 yards, about 2 1/2 inches high at 100 yards, back to dead on at 200 yards and 3 to 4 inches low at 250........

2.5" high at 100 and dead on at 200? :huh?:

+ 1

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

quote" Hornady .452 300 gr XTP in a MMP Black 3Petal-EZ with Blackhorn 209 between 80 and 100 grains. As far as distance shooting roughly right you should be dead on at 25 yards, about 2 1/2 inches high at 100 yards, back to dead on at 200 yards and 3 to 4 inches low at 250."
That's 25% less powder and a 50 grain heaver bullet with a 100yd flatter trajectory. I think you must have gotten confused, that's close to the trajectory of my Winchester 270.

Lee 9 said:
quote" Hornady .452 300 gr XTP in a MMP Black 3Petal-EZ with Blackhorn 209 between 80 and 100 grains. As far as distance shooting roughly right you should be dead on at 25 yards, about 2 1/2 inches high at 100 yards, back to dead on at 200 yards and 3 to 4 inches low at 250."
That's 25% less powder and a 50 grain heaver bullet with a 100yd flatter trajectory. I think you must have gotten confused, that's close to the trajectory of my Winchester 270.

My Ultimate won't do that with a 180gr charge. He may have gotten confused...

NOTE: DO NOT USE THE CHARGE I SHOOT IN ANYTHING OTHER THAN A ULTIMATE FIREARMS INC., OR REMINGTON ULTIMATE!

ENCORE50A said:
Lee 9 said:

My Ultimate won't do that with a 180gr charge. He may have gotten confused...

NOTE: DO NOT USE THE CHARGE I SHOOT IN ANYTHING OTHER THAN A ULTIMATE FIREARMS INC., OR REMINGTON ULTIMATE!

I stand corrected. It is more like 3 inches high at 100 and 5 low at 200. Good thing I have you guys here to save me from INTERNET EMBELLISHMENT :stretch: Thank you. :applause:

Latest posts

Back