cva scout 45/70 v2 conversion

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bestill

MM Sponsor
MM Sponsor
Reaction score
the little dude will shoot. cva 45/70 scout v2 very good price from carlos and installed arrowhead breech plug with .030 bushing. action locks up very nice and trigger breaks very clean at 3lb . overall length is 40" , 9 lb 2 oz and feels great very balanced. i typically shoot blackhorn powder so i modified break to accept a load thru funnel so can load and clean straight thru break. time was short today so went with a proven load 60 gr of N120 and .060 veggie wad and 270 emax. recoil was very mild and gun tracked very well upon recoil very little muzzle jump. very fine sml and economical. basically a moa muzzle loader easily to 300 yds for about $700 wow aint no bolt gun gun but very nice rifle.
i had a old 1" tube bushnell banner scope with adj. objective probably bit heavy scope to stick on rifle to test. i basically have all 30mm scopes so 1" was questionable but held up so far.

took rifle to bench and shot 3 shots to dial in scope and foul bore. then posted new target and shot 3 shots at 100 yards with sand bag under forearm and no rear support. the little dude will shoot.. thanks carlos for great service and delivery.. fyi parker ballistic extreme and emax will fit rite from box but very tight. i sized these today to .4513 and very nice fit. land ton land is .4510

Forearm has a lever release system that also locks against hinge pin barrel lug is a half hole lug onto pin.

You dont have to remove pin to remove barrel

No arguing with that! Nice shooting. That is the first CVA I have seen that I like the looks of. Shame it is 9+ Lb though.

9 lb with scope and break is pretty light. Hard to make any lighter and have any integrity.

Latest posts

Back