#10 caps or #11 caps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildcat2

Reaction score
Is there a difference in these as I found 500 of #10 in my stuff now will they work in my sidelock rifles.

i just tried Remington #10 caps on the nipples of two TC rifles. The caps were a snug fit on both nipples: Good to go.
Thanks ,I had one one my custom sidelock turkey barrel yesterday and was a tight fit had to get my knife blade under it to pry it off. Just was wondering if there was any power different in the two sizes..

Thanks ,I had one one my custom sidelock turkey barrel yesterday and was a tight fit had to get my knife blade under it to pry it off. Just was wondering if there was any power different in the two sizes..
If anything is different then it’s that the #10 are lower power. They're usually intended for revolvers so they don't need a hot charge. If your long gun is in perfect order then you'll probably not notice. If something is off like some fouling starting to restrict your flame channel you may get more hang-fires or fail-to-fire.

Yes ,these are leftover from when I had a revolver, these are Remington brand and says one the packet ,new 40% more flame volume. Plan one using these ones my long range target guns.

I have not seen any #10s for sale locally, in years, but still have a few hundred reserved for my revolvers, as well as a couple lbs of Swiss and Goex. T7 and bh209 only, for the long guns here.

Yes I guess then when I do shoot my long range guns with some new moulds I bought ,I will try the difference on groups between the two, will post the results. I only use swiss powder.

Ok,thanks ron. I thought about doing that ,absolutely now I will . Thanks .

CCI number 10's are actually #9, i.e. much smaller and they have a very short skirt which may cause jams. But if you can get them on your nipples and not used on cap n ball pistols they are great.
Good Luck

Latest posts

Back