#10 caps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickt300

Reaction score
What do you think of this idea, since #11 caps are still unobtainium around here does anyone sell replacement nipples for a TC Hawken that will take them? Will they have enough spark?

There's not a lot of difference in the two.
The # 10's are a bit slimmer.
I'm not sure you could get a #10 revolver nipple to fit on a rifle.
You might be able to use some sandpaper to taper the nipple you have, so they'll accept the # 10's.

What do you think of this idea, since #11 caps are still unobtainium around here does anyone sell replacement nipples for a TC Hawken that will take them? Will they have enough spark?
10 s are even more scarce and unless they are RWS brand (1075) they aren't anything I would count on in a rifle . Big difference in travel/direction in a revolver vs a rifle ignition

I’ve been looking for #11 caps, and there’s no muzzleloader supplies available anywhere here in east TX.
However, according to the website, every Academy I’ve checked in the Oklahoma City area has at least a few, so I’m planning to pick up some when I’m on the way to my place to hunt the end of this week.

Well, after rechecking Academy’s website, all the stores in the Oklahoma City metro area now show sold out or low stock. On a whim, I checked the Academy in Shreveport LA, and they had CCI #11 caps in stock. It’s only a couple hours over there, so I went this morning and bought 800.

Well this year I am going to hunt the Encore again. Had to buy lead free bullets to hunt in the NWR.

They have a wall full of #10s at Sportsman's but I can't find any #11 at any of the 3 places that stock Muzzleloader stuff where I live. I think I can get some musket caps though and I have some musket nipples on the way.

They have a wall full of #10s at Sportsman's but I can't find any #11 at any of the 3 places that stock Muzzleloader stuff where I live. I think I can get some musket caps though and I have some musket nipples on the way.
Yesterday, Sportsmans in Colorado Springs had #11"S

Been using the Tap.O.Cap for my #11s for a year now and they work well in my rifles. Just bought a revolver tonight that takes #10 and I can't find any without dropping a couple of bills. So I found a #10 cap maker at Dixie. Just ordered it and will letcha know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back