2006 Michigan x-bow doe

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman1

Reaction score
I got a nice big fat doe this evening(10/20/06) with my ExoMax here in Michigan.
I am on my friend Steve's computer and cant download the pictures tonight,he has no card reader. The woods are beautiful up here and the temps a perfect,low to mid 30's this morning,a little warmer tonight

There was a little less than an hour before black dark when a small doe crossed the drainage behind me,I scoped her and decided to hold out.
She came directly down wind and never smelled me. About 20 minets later Steve caught movement to his off side and put his hand around the tree and tapped my leg and said he saw a deer so I slowly got up,when i did i had a better view and saw her moving down the same drainage.She came up the bank and moved into perfect shooting position for me.I decided she was the one.Nice big mature doe. She was about 19 yards so I setteled the crosshairs low and took my shot,straight through the heart.Neither of us could see the bolt hit so we got down and inspected the site and Steve called it right there,Heart shot,deep red blood on both sides and a blood trail a blind man could follow.she went about 35-40 yards and piled up.I am very pleased with the G5 Montec 100grn broadhead and Excalibur crossbows. and Thanks again to all you guys for the help.I feel like you were there with me.

Tomorrow,I go for HORNS.
I will try to post pics tomorrow.
Hey Grey Owl, you called it,by the time I read your message I had my deer

Field2-1.jpg

ScottDoeHeart.jpg

Back