200gn shockwave and Michigan buck.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lechwe

Reaction score
Here's a buck that fell to a 200gn shockwave in front of 2 50gn 777 pellets. He was quartering away. Bullet entered just in front of the right hip and came out through the left shoulder. He made it less than 60 yards and fell over.

Nov.jpg

Wow, nice buck......we need more details....you're just teasing us.

Congratulations!!

That really is a beautiful deer.. I guess it goes to show that little 200 grain Shockwave is as deadly as they claim. Congratulations..

What was the weight of that hog.. and spread of the horns. Nice looking rack for sure.

I see bucks like that in my dreams! :shock: Awesome deer! As Deernut said, give us the rest of the story!

Congrats!

cayuga said:
That really is a beautiful deer.. I guess it goes to show that little 200 grain Shockwave is as deadly as they claim. Congratulations..

What was the weight of that hog.. and spread of the horns. Nice looking rack for sure.

I never weighed him but he was not overly huge bodywise. He is 18 1/2" inside and 21 1/2" outside. His g2's are 9", g3's are 8 1/2" and g4's are 6". His eye guards are 5 1/2 and 6". I haven't measured teh beam length yet or any of the masses.

not fair.

Perfect example of how a little 200 gr. shock-wave can cost you so much at the taxidermist.

Nice buck..really nice buck :D

How far a shot was it?? :?:

Choc-dog

That's a "hoss" buck for sure. :shock: Congratulations on a successfull hunt! :D

Congrats - but I can't see the picture :?

Lots of big bucks in southern Michigan.

You Michigan guys get some big ones for sure! :shock:

Congratulations.

goosehunt2 said:
Great buck!!!! By chance do you happen to know what he scored?

He ends up being 161 1/8. He doesn't look like it but his beams are both 24 1/8, his fir circumferances are 5 1/2 and all the others are 4 or greater. My best buck to date. Kind of lights a fire for the big guys.

Holy Magilla!!!! I luv it, man. How cool is that!!! 8)
That gets my juices going for sure.

Like you I use 200 gr. shockwaves and have harvested 5 or 6 deer with that bullet and it does a great job for sure.

Congratulations, now let's here ALL the details, and don't leave anything out.
ie: What did you have for breakfast that morning....etc. :lol:

Back